Panasonic CQ-VD7001U Power Issue

Username: Jcb100866

Post Number: 1
I've installed a Panasonic CQ-VD7001U head unit into my 2000 Ford Ranger. Included in the system is a Rockford Fosgate 851X amp powering (2) Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs, a Rockford Fosgate 501X amp powering (4) Rockford Fosgate FRC4368 3-way speakers, a Clarion SRK5 center channel speaker with amp & a Kicker equalizer was installed but removed because of noise. This is where my troubles begin.

When the system was installed, everything but the EQ worked fine. The subs did not work properly & there was considerable noise attributed to the EQ. The EQ was removed & the stereo power, etc. rewired. The system worked briefly, but stopped suddenly during clean-up installations. There is power going to the head unit & amplifiers, but the head unit will not power on, nor will the amplifiers.

In fear of having blown the head unit, I reinstalled the previously installed Panasonic head unit. I experienced the same results...power to the head unit & amps is okay, but neither will turn on. The remote leads are connected well, but getting no signal as with the CQ-VD7001U.

I'm really frustrated. Any advice?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1960
Is the headunit properly grounded?

Username: Jcb100866

Post Number: 2
I have the unit currently grounded to the chasis. I talked to Panasonic & they suggested removing the negative battery terminal for a power reset. I've done this & it worked. However, if I turn off the accessory power or the engine & then turn on the accessory power or start the engine again there is no power to the head unit. So, Im thinking the head unit has to be grounded to the battery. Is this correct?

Also, I think I may have discovered another power issue. I had originally wired the red power wires together separate from the yellow battery wires which were wired together. Now I've done this in conjunction with the negative battery terminal reset. There still was no power to the head unit. But, when I wired the red power & yellow battery wires together & did the negative battery terminal reset the head unit turned on. Should the red power & yellow battery wires be wired together like this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us