8" W7v2 In a Reg cab pickup

Username: Matt_hilton

Post Number: 7
Hey guys i posted a while back about my putting subs in my pickup truck. Its going to be tough because of the lack of space behind the seat.(reg. cab) So i was thinking about putting just one 8" w7v2 http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=1 behind the seat. What i was wondering if, the sub being behind the seat, will it distort the sound any because it will be right up next to the back of the seat. And What amp would you guys recomend me using.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4907
The 8W7 is an extremely deep sub and requires a large box. It will require the depth and airspace that most 10s will, more than some would in fact. If you can accomodate a subwoofer that is around 7" deep (not counting box thickness) and can provide around .9 cu ft of airspace, you'll be fine. But there are plenty of 10s out there that will be smaller than an 8W7 and work in a smaller enclosure. The 8W7 is a great 8" sub, but it just isn't a practical sub for a regular cab pickup. The 8W3v2 would be a better choice for that job.

The sub being behind the seat won't make it distort, but because you sit right near the sub, you have more chance of hearing mechanical noises from the sub, which can definately degrade the sound.

Username: Matt_hilton

Post Number: 8
What if i have total 9inches behind the seat? Will it it work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us