Only hear ipod in 2 speakers?

Username: Billavenger

Ky

Post Number: 1
Alright, so i bought a new 20gb ipod color the other day. Now I'm wanting to hook it up in my car. I read and heard that you could hook your ipod up simply with an a/v cable that had a 1/8" plug on the other end if your head unit had a/v "in" capabilities. I bought the necessary cable, and plugged my ipod up to my car stereo, and my problem is that i'm ONLY getting sound from the ipod on the rear speakers. The sound quality seems to be great, but I'm wondering why my door speakers are not working as well? about a year ago i replaced my rear factory speakers with Sony Xplod 6x9's, but i still have the factory speakers in my doors, but i dont really think that would have anything to do with my problem. My head unit is also a Sony Xplod CDXCA710X. I've tried searching for support on their website, but to no avail. Also, the ipod can only be heard through the car speakers when i switch it to my FM radio. Do most h/u's have an aux mode possibly?

also, the white side of the cable ( on the a/v end ) can be taken out and i still can hear my ipod music. dunno if that'll help explain this any better or not.

any help is appreciated. i'm far from brilliant when it comes to matters of my car audio equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1961

quote:

also, the white side of the cable ( on the a/v end ) can be taken out and i still can hear my ipod music. dunno if that'll help explain this any better or not.

Have you tried putting the red cable (I'm assuming one RCA is white and the other is red) in place of the white one to see if you get sound from the front speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us