Ford radio/cd installation in Airstream trailer

Unregistered guest
Hello, I was hoping someone could help me on this installation. The radio/cd player is 5C3T-18C869-AJ. It came from a 2005 super duty ford truck. I got the connector for the 24pin socket from a ford radio service center. It has the color codes but when I hook up what makes sense, I stll get nothing. I hooked up the red accessory 12v wire to power, both of the blacks to ground, and the right and left + &- speaker wires to the speakers. I also tried hooking the constant 12v memory wire to power also. Still nothing. What is the red/white 12v In Start wire used for? Mike at mbstaley@swbell.net

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1962
So there are three power wires? That might be right...you never know what they do with OEM stereos, heh. It wouldn't hurt to try hooking it up...

Though, one question, why not use an aftermarket headunit?

AirstreamerMike
Unregistered guest
Jexx, I got what I thought was a good deal on this OEM unit but not so if it hits the trash can. I hooked up the third power wire and now I get most fuctions except sound and it does not acknowledge the insertion of a cd. It will spit it back out though with the eject button. I think it may be time to give up. I don't see any other connections that would fix the problem. I just don't understand why they had to make such a simple piece of equipment so complicated to hook up.

Thanks for your help!

AirstreamerMike
Unregistered guest
It looks to me that nobody here knows about Ford OEM radios. I'm sorry to have wasted anyone's time. I know I was expecting a lot more than I should have. Tell me what you need to solve this. I can list the pins and colors and descriptions of the aftermarket harness that attaches to the radio's 24 pin if you need them. I was told I don't need the 16 pin? Good day!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1981
http://www.streetdreams.com/wires/ford/general-1999-cur.html

You might want to look at that...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us