Umm, wtf!!???

Bronze Member
Username: Lakers6902

San bernardino, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 37
hey everyone first of all i dont know if this is the correct section to post this, but hopefully it is. anyways.. i was just outside installing some new infinity's for my front in my 97 civic coupe. anyways... i just finished cutting the hole a little bigger for the speakers to fit, lol wouldnt fit all the way so hadda cut more open, then after i was hooking my speakers up and about to fit it in. while pushing it in (my stereo was on casue i wanted to hear it) i heard this bam noise in my speakers and my subs started going crazy with all this bass (2 jl audio w6's) so i hurried and shut the car off and was like, wtf. i put the speaker on and turned the car on again and wen the stereo turned on it was all static and i turned the subs off so i could hear and the speakers just made a static fuzzy noise. the music still came through but made the fuzzy noise in the backround which is pretty loud and very annoying. sounds like a really bad grounding problem.... anyways i checked all my wires and nothing was wrong so i was wondering does anyione know wats going on here? please help me!!!!!!!! if i cant find out how to fix it ima have to take it somewhere and pay to get it fixed :'( i dont wanna spend my money! :-(( please help

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1954
You might have lost your output IC...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
wats the output IC? this mean i gotta get a new headunit....

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 175
Sounds like you smoked your HU amp. Why would you hook up speakers when the system is on? You could get an Amp and still use your pre outs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
sounds good benny boy but 1 question, i alrdy have 2 amps that i use to power my speakers. so does that mean i ruined the amplifier so i have to get a new one? or is it still my reciever? ima borrow my friends amp and hook it and see wat happens, hopefully its something small
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us