JL 6.5 componant set / XR or ZR ? ? ? / Jonathan ?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2167
Anyone hear know anything about this set

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=65

I have the Image Dynamics CXS62 Chameleon set up front right now in my SUV. Was thinking of trying other sets. How does this set sound in comparison to my ID's i have currently. Any experienced members are welcome to help.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2170
let me know

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2173
soon

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 139
i have heard the XR's the components and coaxils for the xr's are pretty damn good......been told the Zr's are better but i have never heard them so i am just going off what i have been told!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ologyaudio

Columbus, Oh USA

Post Number: 17
um... I'd consider rainbow -- as well as custom if I were you :-)

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 138
everyones been talking about rainbow speakers but ive never actually been able to see them or the prices for them.. can someone link me please?

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 371
http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/introduction.php?pro=1&lan=2

prices are a good question though

Bronze Member
Username: Ologyaudio

Columbus, Oh USA

Post Number: 18
www.speedsound.com -- or for custom -- just send me an email

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2176
My budget is $300 for a pair of componants to upgrade from the image dynamics chameleon set. I have a PPI Art 300.2 amp and its 150 watts rms x 2 @ 2 ohm so can you guys help me find a excellant componant set within that price range. Silk Dome Tweeter preffered for the less harsh sound. I listen to all kinds of music also. I was considering the JL XR or ZR series and possibly a CDT componant set but wasnt sure which series whould fit my amp. Any other componant sets within my price range i will consider.. let me know jonathan or anyone else thats experienced

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2177
Im thinking of gettting this set but dont know much about it. ANyone recommend this ?

http://69.93.14.227/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1117

I may be able to get it under that price / What other sets whould be better. I am replacing my ID chameleon CXS62 set.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4919
Sorry so long. If you like soft domes, you're probably not going to like the XR or ZRs. They are pretty smooth for a metal dome, but they can still be bright. CDTs wouldn't be much of an upgrade if at all, especially not the ones in the $300 range.

You could look on ebay at Dynaudio, THAT'S an upgrade. They'll give you the sound you're after, a 240 mk II or 240 GT set will work well with your amplifier.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2178
Jonathan i went ahead and won this set on ebay for $375 total shipped but my set comes with the upgraded 480 crossovers and TW24 1" Silk Tweeters. They will be going in place of the chamoleon cxs62 in the kickpods i have on the door so that should work out better. Ive never heard CDT since i dont have a dealer around me.

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 190
Hey Jon, what is the difference between the Dynaudio 240 mk II and the 240 GT sets? Is one better than the other? Thanks buddy.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2180
http://69.93.14.227/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1117 I got this set with the upgraded 480 crossovers and TW24 1" Silk Tweeters for $375 on ebay and it retails for alot more. Cant wait to get these in and installed. They handle 180 watts rms so i will use my art 300.2 for now until i can upgrade to the 600.2 or somthing bigger.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4920
"Hey Jon, what is the difference between the Dynaudio 240 mk II and the 240 GT sets? Is one better than the other? Thanks buddy."

240 Mk II uses their cast basket, 240GT comes with a stamped steel basket and will fit better in most stock door locations. 240 MKII won't fit in stock door spots, at least not any I've seen. MK IIs tend to be a little warmer (VERY slightly) and seem to be built a bit better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us