Finally heard a SoundSplinter RL-P...

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3839
My buddy finally got his RL-P 15" in, and I was really excited to test it out and see how it stacks up agains my Avalanche, and his old Eclipse Alum 15".

He's running 600 wrms to it with an old school pioneer amp.

Nice smooth sound, no nasty metallic-ness like the Eclipse Alum's, even though the RL-P still has an Aluminum cone. It has a pretty tight suspension, and is very fast and accurate, especially for a 15". Low end isn't quite what I thought it was gonna be from what other people had said, but still much better than the Eclipse. It's in a 2.25 cf sealed box, we made it a little bigger so he could squeeze more lows out of it.

It get's pretty dang loud for 600 watts, but I have a feeling it's hungry for more, we'd like to try it out with 1000 wrms.

It's not really that comparable to the Avalanche 15", as it blows the RL-P away in the low end, and the Avy does get considerably louder too, but then again, it's in a totally differenct vehicle with different equipment, so you have to keep that in mind.

To sum it up, great sounding sub, more SQL than anything else. I can't see how it's an SPL monster at all, and the low end definitely isn't what other people have bragged. Awsome for the price though!

Anonymous

isnt it close to 500 dollars though?!?!

Anonymous

OH nevermind! that's the RL-S.. MY B :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3841
That's the RL-S, the new soundsplinters with the LMT motors.

The RL-P's are about 250 - 300 shipped.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4601
Joe, try MT with 1200w - 1500w rms. You'll be surprised with the SQ.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3842
Haha, I'd like to Isaac. I don't have $450 just lying around though.

I'm completely content with my Avalanche anyways.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us