I hope this is a good match

Username: Ghost_jj

Post Number: 1
I'm a complete beginner in car audio, and I hope I didn't make a mistake. I just bought Audiobahn ABP12T enclosed subs, dual 12s. I really wasnt sure what amps to buy for it so I bought Pioneer GM-7100M mono amp. The subs are 800 RMs but the amp is 800w max. So is this a good match? I'll be glad to give you guys more info on the sub and amp if needed. I wish I would have found this place before I took a shot in the dark and bought these though.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1151
Generally u DO NOT match wrms with wmax .

List your sub's model no.

Post Number: 2
Here is the link for the sub, http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNABP12T

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 279
'm a complete beginner in car audio, and I hope I didn't make a mistake"

"I just bought Audiobahn ABP12T enclosed subs, dual 12s"

"The subs are 800 RMs but the amp is 800w max"

Too late, the damage is done.

However, you can learn from your mistakes. Run the system until it sh!ts itself and then do the research BEFORE you buy. Impatience can be a very bad thing but were all guilty of it. Like i said, we all make mistakes but we should learn from them too.

Post Number: 4
Well heres the link to the amp
http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIOGM7100M
Is the problem really that bad? What can I do to fix it besides buying a whole new amp? Yep impatience is a bad thing.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1153
Are those subs dual voice coil or single(DVC) ?

from what that link says i get the impression that each sub is 4ohm single voice coil(SVC)

Your subs specs say 800wrms @ 2ohms but your amp says Continuous Power wrms : (2 ohm) 360W x 1

so that means (if those subs wrms are actually correct) that your amp is only doing less than 1/2 of what should be applied ..... can u return that amp ?

Post Number: 5
Im not for sure if I can return it.. What would happen if I just used that amp. Would it damage the subs and amp? What would you guys reccomend for an amp to match that sub? Thanks for everyones help. I guess i just need to learn to research more before I buy instead of after.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3937
this is the deal, that system will prob be Loud with no reguards to SQ whatsoever. It all depends on what you are after. I would do like mike said run it and see how you like it and learn from this. Next time ask a few people in here for some suggestions in reguards to your budget we will be glad to help. good luck man.

Post Number: 8
ok would it be possible to hook an additional amp to the sub? also since the subs are running at 4 ohms does the amp need to run 800 wrms at 4 ohms also? This stuff is still confusing to me and i appreciate the help you guys have been giving me so far.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us