Just got my car and first time dealing wiht speakers, i need help

Username: Midwestintrepid

Post Number: 1
Heres the deal i just got my car a 1999 dodge intrepid, and i need some advice and help on speaker choice in subs, an amp, receiver, and any thing else you think i need. I have about 500$ right now. I want it to be pretty loud but im not sure whats overboard or not. Please recommend me a good setup thanks for any help.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 275
your not gunna be getting anything near overboard for $500

Your gunna need a HU, front component speakers w/ an amp. Subs and an amp for those. Dont forget wiring and such and installation which your gunna have to have done by someone else.

So all of a sudden $500 doesnt sound like much.

Your prolly gunna spend $200 on a HU and that leaves $300 for speakers, subs, amps. Not really much at all.

I would go for the HU first, then components or subs. Your not gunna get a full system for $500 unfortunatly, trust me i wish you could, we all do

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 120
if you want to spend your money wisely spend a while looking around for what you want and then spend a while looking around to get the best deal for what you want, i spent about a month just looking for a HU and got a pioneer premier dehp770MP brand new w/ warranty for 150 bucks which as far as im concerned is a pretty decent deck for pretty cheap and ive been running it 2 months no probs at all.. i came in hoping to spend like 800 on my whole system but now im saving up and instead of buying something shitty just gradually getting decent stuff like 2 RE SE subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
Matt has offered some excellent advice. You should follow that advice.

MATT- WHERE did you get that DEH-P770MP HU for $150
That is a great deal

let me know

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 122
god let me think, i found some website where it had it listed for 189$ but i e-mailed them and made up some bs about how this other company was offering 150 without a warranty but i wanted warranty but couldnt do 189 so he did like 159 with warranty for me, ill try to find the website...i had it saved to my mozilla but it like switches users or w/e and i lose all my bookmarked pages

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 123
Here it is
http://www.electronicsbonanza.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct =6119&sku=Pioneer-DEHP770MP
it was on sale for like 180 something and then i e-mailed and got it down to around 160 plus shipping, the 150 was a typo ment 160.. not much of a difference tho

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
its on there for like $198 now, which is still a good price but not as good as $160 + shipping

what did you say to get him down to like $160?

what is he like a used car salesman, lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
im trying to get my girlfriend to buy me the DEH-P670MP for xmas. But if i can get the next model up for 160 than ill try to get that.

im lookin on ebay right now for the 670 and its like 154 + s & h

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
wtf, the price just like changed on it? now its $186. whats the deal with this place, lol

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 127
your probably looking at the DEHP-7700MP, the non-premier version that they advertise across the top. i actually found the dude auctioning something off ebay and sent hmi a message.i just haggled and bs'ed my way til he offered me the deck for 160 with like 10 bucks shipping and handling, and i found another guy on e-bay who i haggled 2 W3's off of and had him offer both of them to me for 290 bucks which was pretty good from what i heard for the W3's, but when i found out that they didnt have warranty because jl doesnt have internet authorized dealers i didnt buy them because i dont buy anything without a warranty that i cant fix myself

Silver Member

Post Number: 291
yup your right, one to many 7s in the 186

Wow, i gotta haggle the guy, maybe ill give it a try lol

ill prolly just settle for the model below, pretty much the same features.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us