Land Cruiser head unit.

Silver Member
Username: Brittho

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 106
This is my first post in the Car Audio Forum. It looks active so I am hoping for some help.

I have a 2000 Cruiser that has some issues with the headunit. It has been tempermental to say the least so instead of paying big $$$ with Toyota to buy a new unit from them I wanted to know if there are any alternatives that would fit the double DIN size that Toyota goes with for most of their vehicles. I want something that is not flashy by any means and if it has better overall sound then the Toyota unit that would be a big plus. Thanks for any leads!

Britt

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1947
You can fit a single-DIN headunit into your Land Cruiser also; all you need is an install kit.

If you have to have double DIN, the Pioneer FH-P4200MP and Alpine CDA-W560EG would be good units to look at.

Silver Member

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 107
Thank you very much! :-)

I would like to keep things looking as stock as possible so the double DIN would be nice to retain. I also listen to a few tapes every now and then.

Thanks you again,
Britt

Silver Member

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 108
Is the CLARION ADB340MP any good as well? I found it accidentally when on Google for the other two mentioned. Thanks for any feedback on this one if there is an opinion.

So the Pioneer seems to be less expensive than the Alpine. Are there any favorites in this community for ease of use and overall sound quality as well as build quality between the brands of Alpine and/or Pioneer? Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1951
Yeah, the Clarion would also be a great choice.

All three would be highly recommended here for ease of use and overall sound, really.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us