Deciding on Subs

Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1
I'm restoring a 1969 Chevy C/10 and I'm going to be putting some subs in it. I think a couple of 12's is what I am going to go with. I just can't decide which to get! I'd like to stay under 350$ each sub, just because I have already spent so much on this truck ($15,500). I was thinking of:

2 12" Kicker L7
3 10" Kicker L5
2 15" RF Punch 2
2 12" Audiobahn AW12
2 10" Mtx 9500

Let's hear your opinoins, and include opinions on amps too.

I really want a good balance of sound and loud. I hear the Kickers don't last long.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3047
The MTX is the best you've listed.
Just some other subs you might like.
Eclipse TI's
JL 12W3's.
sound Splinter RL-P's
RE SX's
Alpine Type X
All are better than the ones you mintioned.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 994
ROFL! You're going to put subs in a classic truck like that?! I ought to kick you in the gonads...

It's gonna be hard getting subs behind that seat. Did they put the gas tank behind the seat in those years? I forget... If so, you could take it out... I've done two mid 70's trucks and put the gas tank in the back, and put a motorized antennae where the gas tank hole is/was.

And how in the h3ll did you spend that much? Was it a basket case, or did you have someone else 'restore' it for 'ya? And did you do it right? I'm tired of seeing bastardized 'restored' cars driving around...

(not meaning to offend, just curiouse...)

Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2
The gas tank is behind the seat, but when I re-did the body, I put a metal cover over it, welded it, sanded it down, made it look factory. 15,500 was nothing... i still have no system.

Here's a little:

8,000 in the mechanics alone
(350 w/ 400 turbo trans, power brakes, headers, carb, intake, exaust)
2,000 in rims and tires (20" Boss 304 w/ Pirellis)
5,500 in body work and paint (Candy Apple Red)

The only work I didnt do was the exterior body. I sent it to a local shop here that only does classics and customs. The only thing that isnt "RIGHT" on the truck is the seats. Instead of the original bench, I took a set of buckets from a early 90's chevy and put them in. It also has a phantom grill, so if you want to rag on it go ahead. You don't need to rag though, just because I have the money and wanted to have something no one else has.

But, about the subs. I'm trying to stay cheap. I know the MTX's are good because my cousin has a pair of 12's. I like them and I'm thinking thats what I'm going to get.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us