Jl audio xr650 comps vs. infinity perfects???

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 184
i have the perfects right now but am looking for a more natural sound. perfects are just too bright esp. with some female voices... would the jl audio be a good set? would it be a step up from perfects??? any input appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 255
They are a step up from the perfects, there hand made in germany. Anyhow, as far as brightness is concerned i dont know how they compare to the infiniys but im sure its not as bright(i havent heard the JLs before)

This is what jonathan posted about the Xr
JLs aren't designed for average installations. Shallow slope x-overs and a rather high x-over freq. for a 6.5" mid. Needs a kick panel install or angled door to get best results. If you don't, they won't sound good because the drivers won't mesh well. The majority of people that are dissatisfied with any component system are the ones that didn't take the time to install them correctly. Install= 70%+ of the end result.

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 128
I have the Xr's installed in my car.....i have ran the Perfects before......To be honest if you install them and image them right they will outdo the perfects hands down.......but get all the info on installing them first!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
are the Xr's as bright as Perfects? how would i image them in my 95 accord? right now i have my perfects woofer in stock and tweeters, have them flush mounted on the door kinda like in a civic. any ideas on how i would image the Xr's??

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 131
i think the best thing would be kick panel's......installing components isn't really physically hard......but i can say it's an art that i can fully say i haven't mastered just yet.....but idealy you want the left speaker to aimed at the the right headrest....and the right aimed at the left headrest!!

Bronze Member
Username: Brandonk17

Post Number: 33
I know this wasnt my question... but simon can you elaborate a little more on imaging... like should it be aimed at the headrest from the position the seat is usually in or from a postion that is all they way back/forward?... also ive heard of laser pointers being used to get the imaging lined up... is this a good way to go?

sorry for posting in the middle of thread vincent

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 286
Yes, i have heard of people using laser pointers to aim the position of the tweeters.

lol...

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 134
you can use the laser pointers but i know nothing on how to use them.......you want the seats in the normal positions they will be in for when you drive the car........and don't do like i did....i put my crossover in the door behind the paneling.....hooked em up and tuned the amp.....with out setting the crossover up for less treble and what not!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Brandonk17

Post Number: 35
i see... well thanx for the response... im going to post it in a different thread cause i feel bad for hijacking this one... so if anyone wants to know more about this then go to the other thread... sorry vincent :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
i'm still worried that the jl xr's will be too bright cause of the metal dome tweets. i like them in some of the music i listen too but not all so i think i should look into a set with silk dome tweets. how would the cdt sets or any other with silk dome tweets compare to the infinity perfects??? any inputs...

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
i meant sound wise. i want clarity with tweets that will sound loud but not be too bright where they hurt your ears. do u guys know what i mean...

Bronze Member
Username: Ologyaudio

Columbus, Oh USA

Post Number: 28
check out the tech discussion at the end of this thread:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/167668.html

That being said... the Dayton RS tweeter is exceptionaly smooth -- and the seas TBFC is very nice (airy as hell though thats for sure)

You would be hard pressed to find a quality metal dome in the car audio scene -- aside from say the seas lotus... BA Z's tweeter is pretty decent btw...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us