Help building a snail shell box for 13w7

Bronze Member
Username: Nocc1n

Louisa, VA US

Post Number: 30
I just got my 13w7 and now it's time to build a box. I want sq and spl, I figure I can get more spl out of a snail shell box as opposed to a sealed box and still keep a decent amount of sq. So could someone maybe find the dimensions for me? I've never built my own snail shell before so I dunno where to start... the specs for the driver are...

Fs: 23.5 Hz
Qes: 0.476
Qms: 7.517
Qts: 0.448
Vas: 3.68 cu. ft. / 104.3 liters
Xmax: 1.25 in. / 32 mm
no: 0.269%
1W/1m: 86.3 dB SPL
Sd: 107.35 sq. in. / 0.0693 sq. m
Re: 2.41 ohm***
Znom: Dual 1.5 ohm
Pt: 1000W
Driver Displacement: 0.21 cu. ft. / 5.9 liters

So if someone could help me out then that would be greatly helpful. I will be using 3/4in MDF board on the inside and sides, and 1 1/2 inch on the face of the box.

Thanks,
Scott

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4584
Go to www.bcae1.com and read basic enclosure design. It has an enclosure calculator.

Bronze Member
Username: Dubdw7kota

WILMINGTON, NC

Post Number: 33
jlaudio.com bro i believe has specs for a few different type of boxes, thats where i got mine... go to product, subs, 13w7 and lookin in the user manual part... and by snail shell r u referring to a slot ported? ive heard of snail shell but just took the time to think bout it lol... if its aka as slot ported then if u have ur w7 manual it has dimensions for both sealed and slot ported... atleast my 2 10w7s did... g/l
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us