Help on JVC cd player.

Bronze Member
Username: Tyler33

Post Number: 31
Which JVC cd players have the SEL button with subwoofer output? If you could give me a list that would be great, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1936
Just get a Crutchfield magazine and look for the ones with sub controls.

It's not very worthwhile in the first place due to JVC's poor quality...

Username: Fsucyberpunk

Tallahassee, FL

Post Number: 1
Check the JVC website since crutchfield doesn't carry all the JVC head units. Don't listen to this guy about JVC's poor quality. I know people who have had them for years. In fact, I'm in process of getting rid of my Eclipse to get a JVC.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1992
But you've never owned one let alone have seen the inside of one...

The older JVC's were all right, but now they're utter trash.

Getting rid of an Eclipse to get a JVC? I can only see someone doing that because they were desperate or hadn't done any research.

Username: Fsucyberpunk

Tallahassee, FL

Post Number: 2
You're right I've never owned one or cracked one open but when is the last time you owned one or cracked one open. I want something that gives me more options than the Eclipse. I didn't have to do much research as the Arsenal 8500 was recommended to me by a local company that I trust. I'm far from desperate. Price is not an object here but functionality is. I just bought the Denon AVR-5805 from the same company I'm getting the JVC from. I doubt serious that they are going to sell me "utter trash" when they know still need to upgrade my current 6.1 system to a 10.1 system. Plus I've spent over 40K with this company I doubt they want to lose me as customer.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1993

quote:

I didn't have to do much research as the Arsenal 8500 was recommended to me

So...no research was done.

The A/V industry is entirely different from car audio, and if they have a six thousand dollar receiver to sell, their obvious priority is in home audio, not car audio. In addition, I know BestBuy also has/had the KD-AR500. So where you buy from can be tangent, basically.

I've opened three JVC's within the past week.

I admit, the arsenal series is a slight cut above the rest but nothing wonderful. And I'm extremely surprised they would recommend that thing to you.

Keep in mind Clarion ProAudio, Pioneer Premier, and Alpine are excellent contenders. I feel like you're limiting yourself to only JVC and Eclipse. Eclipse isn't my favorite to begin with, anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us