Beefy midrange

Anonymous

im lookin to buy some new 6x9's but i want to get a pair that has beefy mids. ive bought/seen/heard a lot of speakers that have prissy vocals... kinda like listening to barry white on a p.a. speaker with a flat paper surround.. but with a tweeter

based on my knowledge i would look into 3 inch mids instead of 2 inch.
anybody know the resolution..?

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1950
Just get midbass-only drivers, especially if they're going in the rear of the car (which is what it sounds like).

The best ones (and possibly only ones) are all round-not oval. So expect to buy an adaptor plate so they'll fit...

Anonymous

this wasnt very well thought out..
i knew about some kicker 6x9 midbass with no tweeter.. but i said those take power and i wasnt sure if i could pull off a pair of 6x9s that i could run off the deck.. i only found one aftermarket pair with an rms low enough
then there were these infinities on ebay used for like 30 bux.. i started to read reviews and they seemed like they were giant tweeters.. so i needed to know how to increase midrange and if it was possible to apply that to those speakers
now i have some kicker resolution mids in my at home speaker cabinet and im thinking about taking those out for a new pair of sealed midranges that wont interfere with the woofer
i can then take those resolutions and put them in place of the 6x9s but again ill need to buy an amp stacking more power onto a load (which is best) now i need to know where i can get some 6x9 plates kinda cheap before i go buy wood to make them on my own. (dont forget grills and crossovers)

i still must say that with round components the problem is still there. i have components hooked up to an amp in the front and they are kinda prissy (ive heard worse)
i personally am using bass and mids with enough treble that wont scream or hurt my ears at full blast (give or take a few distortion numbers)

is there a guide to buying beefy midrange?
you installers with experience can at least give a "i dont know"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us