Comp Suggestions? 6.5 2-ways

Username: Need4bass

Post Number: 3
I need 2 sets and they'll get about 125RMS for each midbass/tweet.

Thinking of Focal PolyGlass, CDT HDs or Diamon s600s HEXs? Thoughts, opinions, experiences?

Post Number: 4
Oh yeah, budget.

Component budget is inversly proportional to the value of the girlfriends Christmas present! :-)

or about 400 per set.

Bronze Member
Username: Brandonk17

Post Number: 26
"inversly proportional to the value of the girlfriends Christmas present" - i like that haha

well as mentioned on a couple other recently posted threads... cdt is more forgiving during installation of the speakers... so my question to you is do you have experience installing these speakers or someone that can help you (ie a professional)?... if not then consider getting some help with the install or going with cdt...

Post Number: 9
I do have the experience, however I am limited to the stock locations for the most part so that may hurt my placement...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
You could use fiberglass if you were looking to go the extra yard and get one of the location/mount specific speakers... also have you looked into rainbow and morel?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Yep, Rainbow, Morel, CDT, Diamond, DLS, Focal,Dynaudio, HDT....If I had a local shop, or better still I could happen to find people with the same exact cars, HU and amp setup all using the diffirent comps, I could just listen to them!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
If you had the option of listening to them then i would def jump on that... its on thing to hear someone say go with this brand, but its a lot better if you yourself can go and listen to them and judge by sound which fits your liking... those are all very good choices and i think listening to them would help you with the final decision

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 248
If your going in the stock locations then i would look further into CDT. They offer better imaging in the doors.

Bronze Member
Username: Ologyaudio

Columbus, Oh USA

Post Number: 15
Here is a thread that could be usefull... :-)
http://www.carstereo.com/forum/showthread.cfm?tid=22280&fid=7
And one against the EDi6500s (CDT HD rebadge)
http://www.carstereo.com/forum/showthread.cfm?tid=20377

2 things that could get in the way -- the mounting depth on the midwoofer, and the size of the tweeter... If you can manage that though :-) -- you may be stuck though the 'mostly' made things a bit vague :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us