99 Ford Taurus, Needs SOUND!

Username: Larsntobbs

Post Number: 1
Ok,

Iv got a 99 Ford Taurus, 4-door Sedan. I wanna get into car audio, but dont know much. Iv been reading like crazy, but when it comes down to picking my own stuff, Im a loss at words.

I listen to EMO/Screamo/Rock,

What do you guys reccomend for a good head unit, with the most bang for the buck? Nothing is really required, Aux Input is preferd, but not needed. Also Id like to spend around 100 bucks, for the head Unit, And probably 300-400 for the rest.

For your information::

Front speakers= 6x8
Rear speakers= 6x8

And what do you guys reccomend for speaks/amp/sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Marines

Post Number: 46
To get a good hu you are going to have to spend like around 100-180 or so for a decent one and for the amp subs and stuff go to your local audio dealer like autosound not really a big fan of cartoys unless you install it yourself and also you buy the extra warranty then you might be ok but i got a totalmobileaudio amp from auto sound for about $135 and got 2 jl audio 10" subs for about 89 bucks each i brigded it down to about 4 ohms and got a good kenwood hu and it hits pretty darn good for what all ive payed for all of it i can give you the link for the amp http://totalmobileaudio.com/amps/T3202/index.html

its a good amp for what i payed for it

also here are the speakers that i got from the same place http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=15 it fit real good in my chrysler sebring

and depending on where you live i could sell you my rear firing sub box for about 60 bucks including shipping its also made by jl audio

this is the box that i have but without the speaker grills http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_enclosures.php?menu=9&prod_id=326

let me know k

and Jexx let me know if the stuff i mentioned is any good works good for me

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1937
It all looks good to me...though I haven't heard of that amplifier brand before. There might be better out there...how much did you pay for it?

Really good choice of subs.

With ebay, a good headunit could be found for less than $100, but $180 would be much better like you said...

Post Number: 2
I just bought ::http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:31&It em=5814355606

Tell me what you think.
If they'll fit in your box, ill take it. I live in Minnesota.

Also, what else do I need? I bought a Eclipse 5423. Pretty solid deck.

Now I need an amp, and some speakers.. anything else? crossovers? bridges?

Any recommendations on an amp or speakers? Remember.. i wanna keep the price low =)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Well i payed 89 bucks for mine its not a bad deal for the quality of it i came from sony and well im not going to go into that and tell you how much more better jl is and also dont get a ported box it does not let distortion out and sealed hits harder also those speakers that u just bought need to have a specific amount of space so they dont burn out i have the same one's go to the link i gave you for the amp im impressed with it and it is good i payed like 135 for it ill see what i can do about shipping you my box its made just for those subs i payed like 89 for it

Post Number: 3
Do you have msn?

xxshurvokxx@hotmail.com

Add me

Post Number: 4
Also, I noticed that amp of your's, is only 100 wat @ 4 ohms, Dont those subs require 125-140 watts?

Just poking,

=)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
whatever it requires i guess i have it because it sounds awesome i dont have msn but i do have aim my s/n is marinescorp42

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
and o yea i might have to ask a lil more for the box cuz shipping will be like 30 bucks or so 2 ship but we'll see though i live in dallas tx

Post Number: 5
get back to me man

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Do you have aim?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us