Confused, any ideas

Username: Lukewarm12

Bedford, PA USA

Post Number: 1
I am not going to go into details but I have a decent set up in my 2000 Grand Prix. I have a pair of 10'subs in a sealed box in the trunk (because I listen to mostly Rock). I have the middle seat folded down, so you can see my amp display right behind the seat and because it allows more sound into the cab and overall sounds better.
What I am confused about is why my bass sounds crystal clear and hits hard when my windows are down, but when they are up, It seems I lose about 35% of my bass, and it becomes not as clear. Now it still sounds good, but it is enough to make me wonder why. it may just be that I don't understand the air flow or whatever is causing the change. However, I have never heard this in anyone else's car....could it just be the acoustics of mine, or am I missing something???
Or, does it happen to everyone else and I just never noticed???

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 86
cabin gain or something give glass some time to find this and they will give you a good explanation

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2067
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/cabinvolume.html

Courtesy of GlassWolf

Username: Lukewarm12

Bedford, PA USA

Post Number: 2
Guys,
Thanks.....This does help. The link left by Josh has two suggestions.
1. To vent by allowing airflow from the trunk or to take out the pading and everything behind the rear seat.
2. Look into a ported or different Order/design encloser.
I have already done the first suggestion, So my only option is trying a different enclosure.
Any suggestions.
Mine right now is a sealed encloser. It meets the subs demensions and is seperated in the middle (making two smaller enclosures). I also have polyfilled the box (which no matter what anyone says is an improvment to a sealed box).
the reason I went with this set up is because, as I said above, I listen to rock. I want the tightest base possible. Basically the most punch and the least drag I can get. I was told by several people that a small sealed box will provided the tightest base. I find this to be true, given my last box was ported and much boomier.
Given all of this info, What else could I posslibly try???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us