Mtx, dont hate........

Bronze Member
Username: Poof

Post Number: 57
Yeah so i read these forms quite often and i have found everyone seems so shun down upon the MTX subs. I happen to be a son of a dealer in saginaw michigan (dukes car stere) and we deal MTX and i find them to actualy be a greeeeeeaaaatttt sub. We also sell Eclipse Kicker JL Pionere and some side companies so its not like i have nothing to compare MTX too. But why guys why do we have to hate on MTX when they are really quite good ......

Bronze Member
Username: Jonesp

Post Number: 62
i never said i hated mtx im just saying theres other options. but at cartoys im not buying the whole mtx setup for like 3 thousand dollars. mtx 9500 are hella loud and i would replace my system with two of those in to shakes of a shimmy. my first choice was to get the 7500 but other finacial problems came up im only 16 also

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Well i personaly have 2 7500's and they are f'ing rediculous i think....my dads got 6 9500's in a F-150 for a show car at the show and all i can say about that is .................my ears hurt when im in my car 3 cars back from him on the highway

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 515
mtx is an ok sub/amp brand nothing great, but better than some companeys. i would ranked them with kicker and alpine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
i would give my alpines up for some 8500's
any day

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
does you dad have like re inforced windows cuz that should take the muffler right off the truck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
umm no i dont think u can re inforce windows unles you replace them with bullet proof glass that can take the shaking,,, but he dose have a re inforce bed cuz the subs are in the back and also hes got a re inforced cab kinda looks like a whimpy rool cage if you took the cover off it

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3825
Seriously beje, no offence man, but I live Between Caro and Cass City Michigan, and I've been to Dukes.

It's kind of a disgrace. Your dad's employee's don't know crap. I was kind of dissapointed when I went. I tried the Saginaw and Bay City Dukes, and both visits were kinda sad.

Bronze Member
Username: Dementedvisions

Cedartown, GA

Post Number: 16
I have 4 mtx 12's and i love them I am about to upgrade soon to 4 8500 I will have to buy extra caps and battery but mtx does it right when it comes to building subwoofers

Demented VisionsUpload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
lol yeah some of em are kinda dumb i wont lie......but the store has good prices and they do do preofesional installs with out question, I live in midland and sound advice here sucks a $$ hard core lol so i find dukes to be my last hope, plus i get sh it free lol

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3826
Really though, the stores themselves are nice. Everything looks great, set-up wise. I just wish you guys would carry more than just MTX and Eclipse. I meen, you don't even carry mid-line Eclipse stuff, I think the biggest sub in stock is the SW6000 series.
All Dukes has is MTX and JL, with very few low end Eclipse items. I just wish they'd carry some higher up stuff, something different. I doubt it'll ever happen though. Anything that's underground and expensive isn't very popular...

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 969
Reinforced windows? It's not the glass you really need to worry about, it's the seam where the glass "attaches" to the vehicle.

Joe Smoe: I hear 'ya. I live in the middle of nowhere. There's one good shop, The Buzz Shop in Pocatello. Honestly, there's not much more I can ask of 'em. They have all the high end Eclipse and RF; they dropped their JL line because Eclipse owns JL :P. But it's 72 miles one way to get there...

I need another beer...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us