Need a little help please?

Bronze Member
Username: Kevbo887

Post Number: 23
What would you guys suggest for good 6x9 and 6.5 (or next step up in size) that are decent for bass (obviously a subwoofer is more powerful, but I cannot afford new speakers and to put in subs and amp in this other car, like I have in my new car.) I was wondering if I could maybe get by with keepin the current door speakers, and spend a little more on the rear ones with ok bass in them? Whats the avg. RMS for speakers? Ive seen some 6x9 with 100watt RMS and most with like 55-65 RMS, is there that much of a difference involved between those? Thanks guys!

Bronze Member
Username: Brandonk17

Post Number: 20
What are you looking to spend and are you going to amp these speakers? Amping them will help you get the full potential out of your speakers and increase the SQ... also have you ever thought of 6.5 in rear? just a thought because they do sound better then the more oval in shape 6x9's....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
If you are looking for higher end then look into brands like rainbow, DLS, morel... but if you are looking for a little bit lower in price with still a quality product then look into infinity, CDT, and MB Quart... all of those are very reputable

Bronze Member
Username: Kevbo887

Post Number: 24
Non-amped. Also, im looking in the 200 price range, why do you say the 6.5 are better?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
The sound produced from a circle speaker is overall better in quality then that of an oval one... however... it is your car and it is your preference on what you think sounds to your liking...

Look into infinity and CDT... they both make quality speaker might be to your liking... if you find a pair that you fall in love with but they are a little expensive... remember there is always Ebay...

A third option would be to only go with front speakers and eliminate the rear... just another option as your system progresses

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 204
If your speakers arnt amped then your gunna need rear fill to fill in where the bass is lacking due to the fact that you dont have subs.

6*9s are gunna give you a slight edge in bass response due to the larger cone surface area. Based on your price range and because your not amping the speakers suggests that audiophile SQ status isnt your primary concern. Therefore the nearly inaudiable difference to the average joe in SQ between the 6*9 and the 6.5 round is going to be mininal.

I would run the 6*9s in the back.

Rainbow and Morel are way outta your league and you would be wasting their potential by not amping them and they would not see the proper install. Not to mention they dont make 6*9s

CDT would suite you well. Other alternatives of course would be Eclipse, JL, and Polk. Like Brandon said, ebay would be a wise choice to pick up some of these mainstream brands for cheap. If you can get a decent pair of 6*9s for cheap than you could spend the extra money on an amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us