Best speakers for around 400-500 bucks

Bronze Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 100
im trying to get some finishing touches on my system, looking to spend around 400-500 bucks on speakers/amp for the speakers. im goin to be running them off a Pioneer dehp770MP and 2 RE SEs... any input would be great because i know nothing about speakers

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 198
are they going to be installed by a prof. that can get the right imaging, or are they going to go in the doors?

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 102
well i have a bunch of friends who know what their doing that are going to do it for me. two of them own mechanic shops, and another one works in the installation department of best buy. they said they dont know too much about the brands etc just how to install them and wire them

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
look at Rainbow, DLS, Morel, Dynaudio, and there are other great brands too. Installation is key to get the most out of these speakers especailly when your spending that kind of money.

Im pretty sure brands like Rainbow, Morel ect... are picky about their placement. Also, Im pretty sure i heard that CDT is a little more forgiving when it comes to installation.

Do a www.google.com search to find the websites and pick out what you like in your price range.

When you pick out some brands that you like, post back and some of the guys around here that have had personal experiences (glass,jon,isaac) with those particular brands can give you a more in depth feedback.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 109
whats the difference between componet speakers and regular speakers. im pretty sure componet just means the tweeter is wherever you want it but what exactly does that do, and doesnt it cost more to get componets, and which is better?

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
A "regular" coaxial speaker is one in which the tweeter is in the same vertical axix as the woofer, meaning its mounted right above it. A component speaker allows you to place the midrange and tweeter in seperate locations. This gives much more flexibility with the install, which inturn allows you to create the best possible imaging. You cant get the imaging from a coaxial like you can from a component set.

Components have the advantage in that they always come with external xovers, which usually have a better build quality than the passive crossovers associated with most coaxials.

Generally components are more expensive than coaxials but you might find exceptions (Cheap components vs. Coaxials from a reputable brand)

Since your in the $400-$500 range your gunna be looking at a two way component set. Look for the brands listed about, particularly Rainbow/Morel/Dynaduio because your going to have them installed in kickpods.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 108
Helix is good check out some of their lines:

http://www.audissy.com/helix_speakers.html

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 111
what are kickpods?

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
kickpanels/kickpods are usually fiberglass molds/enclosures for your speakers. It allows you to make a custom mounting location for your speakers so that the right imaging can be achieved. They are usually fabricated into the doors or on the corners of the floor/wall in the front of the car.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 112
can you give me some models that fit my budget from the specific brands you listed, rainbow/morel/dynaudio... i googled and ebayed them and only thing i found other than p0rn sites was a set of speakers for like 800 on ebay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us