Long bass

Anonymous

how do i get the long bass, im not talking about the deep bass im talking about that kinda high bass, the bass like in the song bia bia, my subs dont hit those notes, is it my amp beacuse its class d monoblock or what, i need some help here

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3019
What subs, what type of inclosure are they in... and most important, what is all this in?

Anonymous

there lanzar heritage hrwdc12 1000 rms a piece
there ina vented enclosure, inside a truck, 1800 monoblock vibe1800d amp 1 ohm, there wired to one ohm load

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3022
In a truck... thats more than likely you're problem.
It's the same way with my subs, but in my boat... that song sounds awsome.
I'd say it has to do with cabben gain.
Open all you're doors, and roll down the windows... that should help a little.
The only other way would be build a ported box tuned higher...

Anonymous

so should turn the low pass knob on my amp more to the right so it hits the higher frequencies

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1051
well u don't exactly have the best brands there but u could adjust (or buy a pre-amp) or maybe tune your ports a few Hz higher .....

Anonymous

how do you tune your ports, and what a pre amp

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

hello anyone can i get some help

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1056
Tuning a port is done by either cutting it shorter to get a higher freq (high bass) or by making it longer to get a lower freq (low bass) .

Pre-amp is sorta (in crude terms) "like an equaliser" where u can mess around with the volume & freqs ranges on your individual speakers/subs ... u can also change freqs on your amp itself .

Take a read here www.the12volt.com & www.bcae1.com

Anonymous

yeah but how do i tune it like what to i do phisically

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3809
You tune a ported box to a certain frequency. There is no such thing as "long bass". The tone is simply played longer, as in a longer note. You can't tune a box to play different lenghts of notes. Sounds to me like you need to learn about music and how to read it, then you'll understand.

Anonymous

sounds to like youve never heard bia bia it hits highs not the lows you loser

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2022
calm down.
to get more output at the higher notes, you need to tune the box higher.
it's that simple:-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3812
I have heard bia bia, (pretty stupid song actually if you ask me).

Your the one that asked about the long bass, and your the one making an idiot out of yourself.

Bia Bia has a high bass ling, so in 4th grader terms so you can understand, the bass notes in bia bia are of a high frequency. If you want your subs to play louder to bia bia than a song with a lower bass line, then tune your ported box higher.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2023
to tune your box higher, you would decrease the lengths of the port(s) if i'm not mistaken.

you would probably need to build a new box.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1065
If its pvc or any kinda tube porting - simply cut it a little shorter .
If its not - then buy a $30 pre-amp since u are experimenting & mess with that rather then go cutting up your box .......

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3821
What do you expect the pre-amp to do for him?

His box is still tuned to a certain frequency....

Anonymous

what about different amp not a class d like a 2ohm stable amp in bridge mode

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1067
well imo he can tune his freq higher from his dash whenever he pleases . It does not mean that if your box is tuned to 40hz that it will only play @ given freq - u can play it @ a higher if u wish . BUT if its tune @ 40 & u then try to set your filters to play below that then u can cause sub damage ...

Anonymous

how do i change the settings on my dash or amp to hit the highs better

contaminatewaters
Unregistered guest
how do u make a cup of coffee

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 22
Everyone on here has basically already suggested everything you can do to make your sub hit the loudest around the frequency you want, such as cutting your port tube down alil shorter, or buying a new box. You've come back and insulted people trying to help you, calling them a loser. When you ask questions like "what about different amp not a class d like a 2ohm stable amp in bridge mode", which makes absolutely no sense because that is in now way going to help your cause. Next time, be grateful these people on here are actually trying to help you, because now their just going to make fun of you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us