Got my amp

Bronze Member
Username: Romic00

Post Number: 16
Hi i got my amp today it's a pioneer 480 w max. I am gona hook it up to my 4 speakers. I just have a question the gain knob controls how much power goes to the speakers? and also do i neeed to adjust the frequency knob to?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 439
the gain knob should be tuned to match the pre amp output of your head unit.
and the frequency knob, that depends on if its high pass or low pass. you will set it to a frequency and it will either cut out frequencies below the selected one or cut the ones above. high pass passes frequencies above the selected, low pass passes frequiences below the selected. where to set it depends on the speakers

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Should it say on the head unit how much gain it has or what to se the amp at?

Bronze Member
Username: Yada

Post Number: 20
Adjusting your gain is pretty simple. Turn it all the way down on the amp. Then start turning you Head Unit up untill you hear distortions, at that point stop and start turning your gain up untill you hear distortions. Be sure to use earplugs :-)

If the gain is all the way down and your head is putting out enough sound, then it's fine where it's at.

An amplifier is just a step up device. If the signal is bad, it's not going to clean it up or anything, it will amplify the bad signal so it could be 10X worst. Just make sure the "head unit" is not putting out distortions and you should be ok.

Notice that I use "distortions" as in bad sound quality etc..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Also would a pair of 6x9 speakers sound better if they are in sealed box or without a box.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1081
6x9s are usually placed in the rear dash of sedan type cars freeair - but if u have a hatchback or wagon u should put them in separate sealed boxes nehind your seats .....

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 216
most speakers are designed for infinite baffle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us