HPF or LPF

Bronze Member
Username: Mojoracer

Post Number: 22
Hi, I have a Jensen amp pushing Infinity 5.1 Kappa component speakers and a 10" sub. my question is what's better to run in a Toyota Tacoma X-cab. What setting would you guys recommend. I listen to rock-n-roll primarily. Thanks alot

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 361
HPF for the components, and LPF for the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 189
Well im not sure i totally understand the question here.

Anyways, you want the HPF on the components and the LPF on the sub. Play with the dial (if there adjustable) until you think it sounds good.

~80Hz for the LPF and around 100Hz for the components.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3814
You use both HP and LP filters on components. You normall use Low Pass on subs, but you'd also use a high pass filter if you had a ported box.

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudio

Post Number: 99
I got 2 12" Lanzar 124D;s what should i use HPF or LPF my HPF is currently higher then the LPF.

Bronze Member
Username: Mojoracer

Post Number: 24
Mike DiSanto, My amp has a switch for either HPF or LPF was my understanding. But what I'm gathering is that I don't have to use either or, that I can use both, the switch is just for the settings. I should set the sub when the switch is on LPF and the components when the switch is on HPF. Is that about right? Thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 136
My amp settings are the following for LPF and HPF.

LPF is about 25% of the way up
HPF is about mmm 85% way up
My LEVEL nob at the back is about 90% of the way up

My HU LPF setting is at 80 and HPF is at 180. Now only thing is my amp gets really hot but hasnt over heated yet up to 15-20min of use at 30/40 volume. So now i was told turning LPF down increases loudness of bass but what happends if i turn it up and what does HPF do??

Thanks p.s any suggestion about HU settings or other stuff please leave a msg.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us