Bass tubes and install.

Bronze Member
Username: Kevbo887

Post Number: 18
Hey all. Quick question for a friend of mine. He has a small pickup truck and wants to put in a bass tube w/ built in amplifier. He had a regular amp and two subs in the truck before (they were to big and to loud for him) He still has all the wiring all hooked up from the amp (just needs to reconnect it to the battery and plug it into the amp) He was wondering how you install the basstube and what you need for it (ie: buying new wires or using his current ones)

Im not really to well knowledged on installing car audio stuff (hence why I had my amp wiring done for me) but I figured if its already all installed for him, plugging it all in cant be diffuclt. Thanks guys.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Anyone? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4549
If his existing were is all there and functioning, then he can reused them. Check to see if he has rca plugs for the amp. If not, then look for the basstubes that support speaker level input.

Silver Member
Username: Lowrollins10

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 134
What model of Bass tube is it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Ya he has RCA plugs, and everything is still hooked up the battery ect. The only thing that is not is the fuse (not sure where you put that)

Not sure what model he is looking into buying though, hes thinking a 200watt Bazooka 8"

cleanwaters
Unregistered guest
we need cleanwaters on this 1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Not sure what you mean by that cleanwaters, but if you care to help then sure go ahead Ill appreciate it :-)

Also btw, while im on it I was wondering a curious question. I first decided I wanted to go that route before I ended up buying my subs and amp (glad I didnt cuz they sound awesome) but my question would be this : Say I went this way (I have a neon) and put it in the back seat(right behind the passenger side seat) how would that of sounded, or would it sound better in the trunk. Just for giggles I was curious.

BTW: He found a few on EBAY (im not sure if thats the best route he should go) and they range from 50watt RMS to 200 watt RMS (peak power), how much of a difference is this? He was also asking about frequencies (like 20khz-55khz) or w/e it is, and I havent the slightest clue, any help on that would be great.

Also, keep in mind he doesn't want it to sound insanely loud since he has a small truck. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 42
You can't have RMS power and PEAK power the same numbers. You say that the tube rates from 50 - 200 RMS (peak). If they are not peak numbers, but instead RMS numbers, then the difference between the 50 and 200 watt tubes will be greatly noticable. There is nothing wrong with buying on e-bay, as long as you buy from a trusted dealer. (check other topics for advice on this).

And for you on "the subs in the backseat" idea, the only thing I can say is just experiment with your tube and see what you thinks is better. It all depends on the listener's taste when it comes to how they wan't their system to sound!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us