Problem :-(

Username: Stevehume

Post Number: 5
Hi all,

Just wired a old Punch 40 to 2 10" Infinity 1030W subs (250W) and ill explain the problem. With my sound turned down the subs are loud, but as I turn the music up its like the bass doesnt get any louder and my highs overtake the lows. What could this be? my amp isnt powerful enough? did I wire it wrong? its 2ohm stable it looks like but the amp is mighty hot. There also seems to be a slightly audible hiss or some sort of distortion coming out of the subs.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 6
further to this, I soldered it myself using 18 guage wire...

Post Number: 7
im thinking now maybe that this is too much amp for these subs? because as i turn it up it cant go any louder cause the subs cant take it?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 256
No..it'd start to clip and distort if that were the case.

You're only running 18 ga wire? Speaker or power? Heh... You should be using larger, either way.

Also, check your gains, and make sure they're properly adjusted to match your HU's pre-amp output voltage.

Are you using your deck for the highs? Or another amp?

The hiss, have you checked to make sure your speaker wires are not grounded somewhere, or even touching a seperate power source than the terminal on your amp?

Seth

Post Number: 8
thanks for the response...

so ill put in bigger wire its only 18 guage speaker wire, could that be the problem?... and ill re-solder it to make sure its not touching anything...
im using my deck for the highs...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us