Tamer speakers than infinity

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 403
i am going to upgrade my girlfriends Alero and need some suggestions. I currently have infinity refs in my blazer and love them, although the treble is a bit extreme sometimes. She just wants clarity and a little bass. besides infinity, what should i look at? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 171
How much you willing to spend on your girls ride?

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
well the infinities are rediculously cheap on ebay ($70 4x6, $90 6x9). so i could swap out infinities for $160. I guess if there is something better for $210 or so i would do that. what brands should i look at.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
For around the same price you could look at Alpine Type R, Polk (db690s have decent bass (especially toa girl)), Eclipse.

I have the db690s and a buddy of mine has the Eclipse 6*9s and I think mine sound better, better bass response. (Note that the Eclipse did not sound bad)

Really any of those brands would certainly be an upgrade and would do your girlfriend justice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
how do these relate to infinities clarity?

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
i dont know, i havent heard them all side by side. Prolly around the same. The Polk tweeter is better imo than the infinity.

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
i dont know, i havent heard them all side by side. Prolly around the same. The Polk tweeter is better imo than the infinity.

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 108
yes polk tweeters are very clear in sound imo, better than infinity, up there with rainbow
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us