JEXX?????????

Bronze Member
Username: Marines

Post Number: 42
what r some good rca wires that r at a resonable price and is cartoys a good place to get some at?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1903
Knukonceptz is my favorite:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=RCA%20Interconnects

I'm not sure if Cartoys carries them or not...

gog
Unregistered guest
I may be on my own here, but unless your system is super high end, changing the wires doesn't make that big of a difference, in my experience anyway

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1918
No, that's true. Knukonceptz isn't an expensive wire, either.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Jexx, i have a ? for you i know that HD radio means high definition radio but what does that necessarily mean and how do i activate it on my radio i mean it says HD ready on my radio's face plate and also it doesnt really show me how to activate it in my manual i have the kenwood X579

Your help is much needed

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1935
You can check this out: http://www.ibiquity.com/hdradio/hdradio_how.htm

Though their site is vague on exact details (specifically numbers).

To get it to work on your headunit, you'll need to get an HD receiver like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fJhpYXp6zJA/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=186650&I=113HR10 0MC&search=hd+radio+tuner

Basically, it's just a better signal put out by local radio stations to turn FM into 'CD Quality' I'm not sure how it sounds, I haven't heard it yet. I still dislike FM's bland format and the high commercial load. Woo, hear fifteen minutes of commercials in CD quality sound!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Now its clear to me thanks Jexx but that receiver is pretty step on price wise

hey also check out the one thread that is about the dudes taurus i put some stuff in there tell me if i have some good equipment in my truck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Jexx what does clipping sound like and what are some signs of it and also can u look at my amps specs. on the link above and tell me how many volts it can handle for the preouts, i have the 32202 amp the 3202 stands for 320 watts and the 2 of course 2 channels so do some research on it and get back with me please!

Thanks
Daniel

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Jexx what does clipping sound like and what are some signs of it and also can u look at my amps specs. on the link above and tell me how many volts it can handle for the preouts, i have the 32202 amp the 3202 stands for 320 watts and the 2 of course 2 channels so do some research on it and get back with me please!

Thanks
Daniel

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
i did some ebaying and didnt find anythign on the hd tuner the only place i found it cheaper was frys or outpost.com any clues to as where i can find it cheaper?

Thanks
Daniel

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1940
You might want to read this about damaging your speakers first: www.bcae1.com (in the menu on the right, scroll down to #29-Too Little Power and click on it). As far as how clipping sounds, it will sound extremely compressed and grungy. Incredibly, most amps are at their lowest distortion just before clipping.

I couldn't find anything more than the link you provided for your amp...

The KTC-HR100MC is such a new technology, not only is it unavailable on ebay, it's expensive wherever you look...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
so on my hu the kenwood what should i set the bass F at 100Hz 60Hz 70Hz 80Hz and what about the bass Q 1.00 1.25 1.50 or 2.00 and what about the mid F 0.5 or 1.0 or 1.5 or 2.0 and also what do i put the hu's HPF F do i put it on thru 100Hz 125Hz or 170Hz and what about the HPF R thru or 200Hz and the LPF SW thru 50Hz 80Hz or 120Hz and i donno what the v offset is for i have it set at 0 it goes to -8 and also what about the Amp bass flat +6 +12 +18 and the amp Freq normal or low

your help is needed very badly i dont want to blow these good subs

Thanks
Daniel

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
any advice??????????????? Jexx???????????????

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1945
Set the sub to whatever you think sounds best. I think 80hz would sound good though. The LPF just decides where to cut off high sounds from coming through.

I would also turn on the HPF to about 80hz as well, this cuts off frequencies below 80hz from passing through the speakers that are powered directly from the headunit's internal amp. In turn, since they don't have to reproduce low frequencies, they don't distort as fast when you turn up the volume. Since you're using the HPF, you shouldn't need 'bass F'.

Don't worry about Q right now for any of the frequencies.

Volume offset is another name for sub volume. Just set it to where the sub blends in with what is being played rather than overpowering/underpowering the bass in your music.

Amp bass can be whatever you think sounds best.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us