Best 12" sub around $200???

Username: Odin367

Post Number: 4
HI! I am looking for the best sub I could get for around $200. I have a boss 2160 watt amp. 2 channel. the IQ1080.2. I was wondering what was the best sub I could get for around $200 and that could use the power that my amp can give out. I was looking at the audiobahn AW1208T. I would appreciate all help! thank you very much.

the specs on the amp is
Max Power, 2 Ohm 1080W x 2
RMS Power, 4 Ohm 350W x 2
Bridged Power 2160W x 1

I heard that RE is pretty good or JL audio? any help would be appreciated!

Post Number: 5
I was looking at the RE XXX12 maybe... or maybe the one below that... Would that sub work with my amp? or what does everyone else suggest?

Username: Mattc6465

Post Number: 5
personally i like the Alpine Type r 1242D. but thats just me.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1134
200 won't get you a xxx.
i'd look at
Soundsplinter rl-p
RE SE
Dayton MKIII

Bronze Member
Username: Brandonmoody

Rushville, Indiana United States

Post Number: 19
If u want a powerful sub, u need to get a better amp. Boss amps suck. That amp is way overrated. Its actual wattage is half of what it says or less. If ur only gonna get one 12 then it might be okay, but if u want two good subs upgrade on ur amp.

Post Number: 6
ok well how about this... could someone recommend a good amp and sub combo that would run around $400?? or cheaper... Thank you for all the help!

cleanwaters
Unregistered guest
clear waters can answer this lets ask him

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2013
i agree with matthew, a type R would be a good choice for the money.

Username: Dementedvisions

Cedartown, GA

Post Number: 4
I recommend a MTX Thunder 7500 this is just my opinion really it all depends on what kind of sound "bass" you are looking for MTX subs have nice rich deep bass in a seald box.

Demented Visions

Post Number: 8
So A type R would be a loud sub? I am looking for one that is pretty loud... one that could use my amp... or if someone could recommend a diff amp... but I would prefer to stick with the one I have... Are there any other subs that are around $200 that are real loud and can connect and use my amp? What about those RE's?

Post Number: 9
right now... I have 2 12" sony xplod's. They are 400 RMS or 350 RMS a piece, can't remember... they seem to be pretty loud... Would the alpine Type R be louder? even though it is less RMS total? or what about the type X? would that work with my amp? other suggestions for subs are still open also!! please help!! thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 101
get a RE SE12, and if possible a new amp, budget amps are kicker, hifonics, mtx, etc... just look on ebay there are mad deals!

Bronze Member
Username: Soundtech26

Chilliwack, BC Canada

Post Number: 15
A lower end JL sub could be just what your looking for as they are usually fairly efficient and they sound great. Higher volume levels with that amplifier may cause audible distortion but I am sure you can play it loud enough to cause hearing damage. The entry level JL subs are also reasonably priced for the entry enthusiast the good news is they can handle a fair amount of abuse from what I have seen recently even the lower end versions so check on ebay for JL-W3's.
They go W0(cheap)to W7(serious) and are priced accordingly. Keep it loud and clean from canada peace out.

Post Number: 10
ok so check out JLaudio... and RE SE12... th JL's don't seem to have a lot of RMS though... but i dunno... I want a 12" sub that would cost around $200 that is LOUD! I want one that pounds and sounds pretty good... Are those subs still good ones to look at? or what about pioneer premiere series?? I heard those are pretty loud... please help

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 280
Low RMS ratings has nothing to do with performance. That simply means they are efficient subs and don't require much power to perform.

I'd look into a single SE 12" or 12" Type R for nice soundings subs that get plenty loud.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 389
I agree with Dave, the Type R or SE 12 is what your looking for.

RMS doesnt effect sound about directly, its a thermal ratiing of the voice coil.

If you want to know which one is louder you need to multiply the Total surface area of the cone (SD) * the max linear one way excursion (Xmax one way. This tells you how much air the woofer will displace which inturn determines the loudness of the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 281
"If you want to know which one is louder you need to multiply the Total surface area of the cone (SD) * the max linear one way excursion (Xmax one way. This tells you how much air the woofer will displace which inturn determines the loudness of the sub.
Add Your Message Here"

This statement is a little misleading. How loud a subwoofer can get has to do with a more than just displacement. Proper box design in relation to the application will have a lot to do with how loud the sub will get. Don't base your decision on displacement alone.

Username: Stefangoalie

Lakeville, Minnesota

Post Number: 1
If you are just going for loud, then get an Kicker L7 12" off ebay, it wont have great...or even good SQ (in my opinion) but it will definently sound like you have more than one 12 in there, and wil handle alot of power

Bronze Member
Username: Idiotwithpower

Post Number: 12
infinity kappa perfects don't require much power but are very eficient and good for sq. put one in a ported box tuned to 27-33hz and it would hit hard.

Bronze Member
Username: Idiotwithpower

Post Number: 14
infinity kappa perfects don't require much power but are very eficient and good for sq. put one in a ported box tuned to 27-33hz and it would hit hard. ther'e $125-150 ish unless you want to spend more for the vq, which is actualy 4dbs less sensitive
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us