Error

Prev1
Unregistered guest
When I turn on my car, the CD player gives me an 'Error 03', I have to eject and put the CD back in a few times before it starts working. It annoys me because sometimes it takes forever to get it working. Any reason this could be happening? And it happened out of nowhere too, Ive been using this head-unit for about 3-4 years now, and have never had a problem before.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1898
What is the brand and model of the headunit? It sounds like the lens needs to be cleaned...

Prev1
Unregistered guest
Its an Aiwa CDC-X927. How would I go about cleaning the lens?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1928
Either buy a CD lens cleaner...or you can open up the unit yourself (hard but cheap way) and clean the lens with a Q-tip that was dipped in rubbing alcohol.

Prev1
Unregistered guest
Ok well Im looking at some Lens Cleaners, and does the quality of it really matter? Would a cheap one fix the problem? The prices dont vary that much, but Im just wondering, since I dont have money to just throw around.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1931
Nah, it shouldn't matter, and if it doesn't work then you'll be better off from not wasting money on a more expensive lens cleaner.

Prev1
Unregistered guest
Alright man thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

Prev1
Unregistered guest
Ok man I got a lens cleaner and cleaned it. Now the CD plays more often althought I do get the "Error 03" still, but it skips on every little bump in the road, or even if I brake at all. What is the problem here, I need a new HU I guess?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1942
I suppose Error 3 is a mechanical problem, then...

I actually have two CDC-X927's that have power supply problems. I wonder if the CD mech from one of them could be used in your unit to repair it. Any thoughts on that?

Prev1
Unregistered guest
I dont know if you were asking me, but Im no good at these kind of things, sorry.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1944
Heh, okay.

You might as well check ebay for a new headunit...

Prev1
Unregistered guest
Alright man, thanks for all the help anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us