1ohm vs. 2ohm

Anonymous

does 1 ohm give you louder and deeper bass and the 2ohm give you cleaner but not as deep

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 245
No. 2 ohms will be cleaner, and just as deep, as long as they're getting the same power. (I.e. using an amplifier that pushes the same amount to 1 ohm and a 2 ohm setup.. like the PG xenon series)

You probably wont be able to hear the difference, honestly.

Anonymous

because i have dvc 4 ohm subs 2 12's and someone told me that im missing out on sq because im running it at 1ohm and im putting more strain on my amp but theres no way to run it at two ohms on my subs

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3012
Lol... no thats not true.
Ohms just has to do with how much power you're amp gives out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
Taylor, ohms do effect SQ. Ideally, you'd run everything at 4 ohms for great sound.

It effects it very minimally, though.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1967
ohms effect Sq due to the amplifiers lower damping factor at lower ohm loads.

Anonymous

ISN'T THERE A WAY TO WIRE A DVC SUB AND KEEP IT AT ITS OHM LEVEL, LIKE 1 DVC 4 OHM SUB ISN'T THERE A WAY TO KEEP IT AT 4 OHMS BUT ITS NOT RECOMENDED
SORRY FOR THE CAPS SAW THEM HALF WAY GOT TO LAZY TO ERASE

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1968
no.
just......no.

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
You can run each vc on a seperate amplifier. :-) But the amps must be the same (well not must - but if you care about your sub, it'll be the same) as well must be set on the same settings as each other (see previous statement in parenthesis).

Bronze Member
Username: Vai4me

Michigan USA

Post Number: 14
but you could wire 2 4ohm DVC subs to make a 4ohm load...

(4ohm to 4ohm parallel) CONNECT IN SERIES HERE (4ohm to 4ohm parallel)

The end result is 4ohms but only gives you a mono connection (one possitive and one ground). Guys correct me if I am wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1041
all any1 has to do is go here & pick your option to suit - http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3015
If you can tell much of a difference from 1 ohm, to 4 ohms... you've got some great ears.:-)
I can't, or have never been able to tell a difference.
I can see what you're talking about, but can you really tell that much of a difference on a everyday system?

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 157
accually u can run 2 4 ohm subs at 2 ohms
just need a 2 channel amplifier ..........
if you have mono then nope

Anonymous

can anyone tell me if one puts more strain on the amp then the other

Need4Bass
Unregistered guest
The lower the impedance (1 ohm, 2 ohm, 4ohm)the more current your amp will attempt to supply for the same input voltage (12V - 14.4V). So yes, a lower impedance puts more "strain" on your amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
Need4Bass is correct. It'll be pushing more power, thus causing more heat at 1 ohm.

And Taylor - the difference is really negligible, true. I personally cant hear it, that's for sure.. But then again, the question was does it effect it, not how much.. heh heh.

Seth

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
Need4Bass is correct. It'll be pushing more power, thus causing more heat at 1 ohm.

And Taylor - the difference is really negligible, true. I personally cant hear it, that's for sure.. But then again, the question was does it effect it, not how much.. heh heh.

Seth

Anonymous

ok thanks for all your help i think im gonna sell my amp get a two channel amp thats 1000 x 2 rms and run it at 2 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1066
Nothing is wrong with your idea ,BUT - do u have any idea of how expensive are 1 of those !?

i can almost certainty bet it'll b more than a 2000wrms @ 1 amp .

but hey ,if u are willing 2 spend money to get that configuration - that cool ......Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us