Infinity or Alpine?

slaya
Unregistered guest
Hey, I am getting a pair of 6.5" CDT KA-61 components for the front of my car, I will be running them off my Pioneer head unit.. that will be my front stage.

For the rear, which I will also run off the head unit i'm gonna need another pair of 6.5". I don't want something expensive, and I guess I only need them for high's since i'm definetly getting a sub soon.

I was considering either the Infinity 6012I or the Alpine SPS-170A..

my (noob's) pros/cons on each:

the alpine's are lower wattage and since their only getting 21w RMS they aren't being under powered as much as the infinity's

also they come with a 6.5" to 6.75" adapter which I won't have to make..

the infinity's freq range isn't as low as the alpine's so it won't be trying to hit freq's which it can't handle and won't distort as much..

these were all weird things my mind thought of, prolly dont make sense?

which would you get?

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Yada

Post Number: 15
I have infinity 6012i for front, nothing in the back. You might want to consider an amp to power them instead of rear speakers then you'd get clean sound and quality. I'm powering the amp with this http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-3527S-4-3-2-WATT-POWER-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ5813337426Q QcategoryZ39740QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Super cheap and damn it'll bang lol. Gain set at 50% deck set at 50% and it's the max I can hear without blowing my ears off with no distortions. While I tried it without the amp, push it to 75% and they don't sound as good.

Them speakers need an amp if you like to crank your deck beyond 60%, well not needed but damn nice to have the choice, if later you want them to sound nice rolling down the windows on the highway.

Between the 2 choices you have, I don't think it'd make much of a diff which you get. Peak of the alpine is around 200watts so 50ish RMS give or take vs 60Watts RMS infinity.

Best thing to do is hit up Circuit City or Bestbuy and listen to the two of them and you'll see which will fit your style more.

Unregistered guest
Can anyone help? I have no idea what size speakers to get for a 1999 Crown Victoria police interseptor. I am Considering Infinity. My CD player puts out 23.5 RMS - what does that mean? I want to crank up the volume as loud as possible and to have no distortion whatsoever. What should I do ????

jobless in az
Unregistered guest
Slaya, you definetly need to get an amp for those comps. Without the proper power those speakers will not be loud, or that clean sounding. Secondly, don't bother with rear fill. The way I see it is, why would you put speakers in the back when you are sitting in the front.

Philip, you better start praying for a miracle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us