Speakers for over head sound bar, HELP.

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 169
i have a jeep wrangler and would like to upgrade my highs and mids. my over head sound bar has wholes pre-cut for the 6.5's. what are some really good 6.5's could i put in there??? if the recomended has seperate tweeters, where would i put the tweets??? could afford up to three hundred. i have also have 4 fours in the dash, but i would definately like some tweet in there. maybe a good pair of coax 6.5's and some tweets??? what do you guyz think??? thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 87
You will only be able to fit the 4s in the dash because there is little room to take a dremel to it to mod it. For the overhead bar the is no need to put components in them because it is a jeep.You should go maybe with some Infinitys, they are good sound for the price.And if you did go with components you would need a separate amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
cool thx, what about adding some tweet??? could i just buy some and split the speaker wire for the fours. if so where should i place them??? my car needs some tweet for the simbles and snares and stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 197
are the fours coaxials, if so you already have tweeters, if not then you should replace them with 4" coaxials.

Or a better approach but more expensive would be to buy aftermarket tweeters and amp them, and amp the 4" midranges as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
yeah, they're coaxils, but i don't get the ts ts ts (if you will, lol) of the snares or high hats. you can barely hear it in there, but not the way you should. i have the fours running off the two (highs) channels of a soundstream xta480.4 the other two channels going to my 6.5's. i don't mind spending to get some aftermarket tweeters. i can just splice into the speaker wires going to the fours right??? also, placement. where would i place them. what's my best option sound wise???

thanks....

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 19
if i were you, and with your with your current amp (which gives out 60w x 4 at 4 ohms, and 120 w x 4 at 2 ohm), i would get these infinity's up front http://www.crutchfield.com/S-81EXFge5Zi5/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51200&I=108427I . the tweeters in these coaxials are very good and should give you the high snares your looking for. and i would only put only one pair up front in the best position ( you said you have 4 4" locations up front). then i would put these infinity's in your sound bar http://www.crutchfield.com/S-81EXFge5Zi5/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=52000&I=108627I or these if you want 3 ways http://www.crutchfield.com/S-81EXFge5Zi5/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=52000&I=108637I . their new line of kappas are all 2 ohms which will get the most power out of your amp. just dont turn up your gain too much at all and they should sound great. Im also a big fan of infinity's myself. Polk's momo speakers would also work great too. Both of which arent too expensive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us