3 Ways to Components.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 504
Ok, so right now I just have my 4 Pioneer 3 ways that handle 35rms apeice. I am kinda interested in looking into selling them (I could probably get 50-75 for them) and buy just 1 pair of components for my car. I have 2 RE12's for my subs. The speakers would be powered by just my CD player(Pioneer Premier 22X4 RMS). Would I notice a major difference upgrading from the 3 ways to components as far as SQ and would the volume stay the same since I would be decreasing the # of speakers? What are some decent components I could look at buying off ebay for 75-100 bucks? Thanks!

- I also realize that an amp on my speakers would help TREMENDOUSLY but for right now no can do. MAYBE in a couple years but really got to start saving for college and I would have to upgrade the alternator etc.

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
Possibilities are JL AUDIO TR650-CSi COMPONENT 6.5"SPEAKERS SET 2-WAY or the Alpine Type S. Is it true Alpine's run pretty good even without an amp? Are either of those 2 options good or are there better for the price?

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 292
1)those pioneers have decent highs but they severly lack in the midbass region
2)if your going to run it off them off the head unit then youll need 4 speakers because the components wont have enough power to be loud enough for the entire car
3)save up a little bit more and get the Alpine Type R speakers they work well without an amp and youll notice a quality jump going from the S to the R...those JLs arent bad neither but i dont know how they perform without an amplifier

Silver Member

Post Number: 506
would 4 alpine type r's 3 ways sound pretty good and be an improvement over the Pioneers? I really like the pioneers, actually. Just looking for any more depth/detail I can squeeze out of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us