JL Audio

Bronze Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 94
What would have more spl. Two w6's on a 1000/1 or one w7 on 500/1?

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 290
depending on the enclosure blah blah blah...the W6s hands down twice the power and their able to achieve optimum output...and if your refering to a 12 or 13W7 then your underpowering it...now if it was a W7 with a 1000/1 then thats another story

Bronze Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 95
I have two 12" w6's and the 1000/1 but i want low deep bass. I was just tryin to come up with a different setup but still with Jl audio.

How would two 10" w7's on a 1000/1 compared to the setup i already have...just wondering

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1904
i disagree.
2 W6's with 1000wRMS will be louder than one W7 w/the same wattage any day of the week, due to Sd and Xmax.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 992
muddy. are you saying 2 12w6v2s with a 1000/1 would be louder than a 12w7 with a 1000/1? cuz id have to disagree with ur disagreement there lol.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1905
well i figure with 1000wRMS and 107in.2 of displacement and 33mm of XmaX.
versus 1000wRMS with 155in.2 of displacement with a total of 32mm of Xmax.

how will first one will be louder?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1906
i'm reffering to 2 12W6's -vs- 1 13W7.:-O

if you want to compare the 12W7, then it is 84in.2 of displacement and 29mm of Xmax.
which is even less.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 170
im gunna have to agree with muddy, numbers dont lie

Bronze Member
Username: Johntheguy

Post Number: 17
would 1 13W7 have more spl than 2 10W7 because
the 13 is 107 inches sq. with 1.25 inch Xmax
and the 10 is 59.8 inch sq. with a .9 inch Xmax. Even though there are 2 10s or 1 13 what do u think? (either way powered by a 1000/1)

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 42
The shops that sell it where I live state the W7 is a SQL sub, not SPL.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1946
no, 2 10W6's would not be louder than 1 13W7.
they might be as loud, but i doubt that, b/c 2 of them aren't even rated to take more than 800wRMS.
and 2 of them is 102in.2 of displacement and 30.4mm of XmaX.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1031
Just some reading material i saw from actual users
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductReview.aspx?ProductID=12513

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductReview.aspx?ProductID=12043

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductReview.aspx?ProductID=12151

check out reviews on the other models on this same site too ..

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1959
Navy01Z From CT
Overall:
Features:
Value:
Quality:
Great sound!! Loud as hell but not woth the money. I fyou are thinking about this sub but want better value go with either the IDMAX. If you want to spend the money, get the Orion.
-------------------------------------------------

this was my favorite Review, minus the Orion part.:-O:-):-O lol

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4507
How about the moron that liked L7 better?
Muddy, go to a JL store and listen to one in a HO box. Then make up your own decision.
It has to be the HO box, not a regular vented one.
The bass was so low, it felt like flying a plane. The pressure builds up inside your ears.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1961
i know JL's are loud as balls, and the get low and sound great, but i can get an Idmax for CHEAP, so that's why i am getting one.:-)

but that won't be for another 5-6 months or so b/c i am BROKE! lol, from buying the alt and amp.:-O

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1140
i agree with muddy. 2 w6 will sound days (not weeks/months) better than a w7. i would also consider 2 id max in the same breath. i don't like the boominess of the 7.
a go for the xxx and brahmas as well.
sound better, cost less. jmo

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4538
hope you're not comparing 2 W6s with 1 W7. That would not be a good test result.
Anyhow, IDMax is a great sub, so is Brahmas, but before anyone passes judgment, do listen to W7 in HO box. It just might change your perception of "boominess" bass.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1141
i'm not knocking anyone's taste. i've heard the w7 in multiple applications. similarly with the w6. and yes, i am most certainly comparing the 2w6 with the 1w7. the 2w6 sound better imo.
ever wonder why ca&e tested the w6 and not the 7? the w6 received the highest ratings ever http://caraudiomag.com/testreports/0403cae_jlaudio/ . whether it was a result of kickbacks or not is irrelevant. JL could have placed their "flagship" in the review if they so pleased.
the w6 reproduce more accurately with great fill. no localization at all. as i've repeatedly stated, the w7 is a beast. and very linear at that. it's just a bit boomy for my (and many others) taste. so no, it wouldn't be a bad test at all.
in fact, when i purchase my charger, i plan on (giving in and) throwing 3 6's in the back and sitting outside hifibuys/tweeters and challenging the w7 setups that leave to sq comp. speaking of which, check out the number of w6's in sq comps vs w7's.
of course it's subjective, but since you brought up objective assessments i'll do my best to run the numbers with my folk at the shop. i personally think it would make for a most interesting test indeed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us