248 258 or 268

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudio

Post Number: 47
Which of these lanzar amps should i get or keep i ahve the 248 now the 258 has 100more RMS watts and 268 has 200more RMS watts at 4ohms for my laanzar dual voice coil 4ohm subs now i could only upgrade my amp from the guy i got this one from for an extra 40 bucks or 50 but i cant change it to a kicker or anything. So should i stick with what i got or upgrade

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 346
You shouldn't get ANY of them...They're LANZAR!

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 157
Do you have a job? If so, save your money. Then you can have a kicker/JL....

You already have an amp so be patient and save your money, it'll be well worth it in the end.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 349
"Then you can have a kicker/JL...." - WHAT?

Are you mad? Kicker and JL being used as possible EQUAL options? You've flipped your lid buddy...I'm calling in for a mandatory labotomy!

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
No im not mad, im in quite a pleasant mood.

Last time I checked, this was the symbol for equal "=" , not "/"

I was simply listing a few (hence ... after the two suggestions) brands of amps that were certainly an upgrade from a Lanzar amp.

I mentioned Kicker and JL because they are both very mainstream brands that someone running lanzar has probably heard of and they are a def. upgrade.

Im quite aware that JL makes better amps than kicker.

Should i had spewed off some top of the line solutions hes prolly never heard of? Would that have made you happy?

By the way, its lobotomy! Besides your the only one that is due for surgery (castration) ;)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
i already have the 248 amp i dont plan on changin anyhting this is my 1st system i am not a huge system freak really if i get a job after im done high school i get my own car ill hook my self up but this is just a temp thing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
how much do your subs handle? If your underpowering your subs than you should upgrade the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1026
U'd better ask Eddie Arambula on that since it seem he's the expert on that particular brand .

Bronze Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 48
what kind of subs do you have and thanks for the sarcasm rovin lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Lanzar 124D's 500RMS 1000watt peak 2 12" in Band Pass box.

Now the amp i ahve is sending out "300" rms watts the "" because it says that and i havent tested for shore so thats probably not that much anyways 600 watt peak for both subs. So id consider going up to 500RMS 268 amp only if its not too pricey i ahve 248 now but ill check out the 258 aswell just to see if an extra 100RMS will do anything but i doubt it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
ok there dvc 4 ohm right?

well if i were you id sell your amp on ebay make like 100 -150 bucks then buy a HTG234, because the subs you have are sorta in the middle for rms ratings to run at 1 ohm, because the lowest wattage amp that lanzar makes thats one ohm stable is 1200 watts and thats a lil to much for your 124d's. so if you run your setup at 4ohms into the amp i put you'll get real good sq and some spl felling, because your subs are in the middle its hard to find the right setup, you wont get the real deep bass but its going to have good sq.

if possible think of putting the 124d's in a sealed enclosure, it would be best for this setup, the bandpass effeect takes away from the long bass which the 124d's produce well
if you have any ?'s let me now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Check your private msg.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Ill find out the price the guy would give me this amp for but this 200 /800 or 350 watts per channel now why are there 3 diff watt ratiings on the site its 4 ohm 4ohm and 2ohm now i know that 2 ohm is 350 and whats 800 is that RMS?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
http://lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=HRW124D

These are the subs and this is amp i have

http://lanzar.com/itempage.asp?model=VIBE248

now i was considering upping to

http://lanzar.com/itempage.asp?model=VIBE258
or even if the price is right
http://lanzar.com/itempage.asp?model=VIBE268

See now that ranges from 1200 - 1600 to 2000 watts max power now my subs both handel 1000s each thats max so i dont know if for another 30 bucks or so i could get a 1600 watt amp and sell it on ebay for 250 US that wouldnt be bad idea for me but wouldnt it be better to get one of these becuase the other one has less RMS watts n stuff plz im kinda new at this so fill me in thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
are you running it at one ohm or 4 ohms or useing two channels so each sub at 2 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Looking on ebay i could get the 268 for 190 canadian 200 with shipping not bad. Thats about 20 bucks more then what i paid for my 248. If anything i dont know if he will give me another amp and give me money back i can only pay more and get somthing. Thign is its not all BRAND NEW its been used and stuff and the bas boost dial has a few scratches on it so i dont know how ebayers are going to like that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
if you want the best sound go with the vibe1200d this will bring out the best in your model subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
there 4 ohm per coil so 8ohm per sub how can i check what ohms im running it at?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp
if i were you id run it one ohm and get a one ohm stable amp the 1200d be the best option in my opinion

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
can u give me a link to what thoes look like? I posted links of my subs and their specs so you can get a better feel which of the 3 amps including 1200D wuld be a better fit?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
how woudl i run it at a certain omh i got a vibe 248 with wires heading in an out so im guessing its running at 4ohms or what ever the default is to tell you the truth.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
but the 1200d is a lil overkill, the vibe241 will put 420 watts rms to each sub which is plenty, the way you would do this is run each sub by itself so each sub drops to a 2 ohm load then use 2 channels so each sub is at 2 ohms and the amp is powering each sub at 2 ohms. 420 rms to each sub will pound those subs harder than uve heard them so far

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Okay well this is how their wired.

Both subs have 4 terminals 2 + 2- now i got + going to + and - going to - and then + going to + and - going to minus to the SUB BOX side where i put the wires in. Then i got 2 wires going into one of the pair'd spots on the amp and then other side going into other side paird into the amp if anyof that made any sense to you lol. But the lanzar 248 i have at the moment it pushes 300RMs into each 4ohm sub now i dont get this per coil 40hm thing that lanzar has going for my 124d's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Also look tell me waht a good price range is give or take 20 bucks for a certain amp and depending on the price ill get it because im on a huge buget spending 180 for the vibe 248 was pretty heavty cash down so ya.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
If you have msn add me up kavan15@hotmail.com i can give u a a nice out look of how my system is setup so you could better help me out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
actually the 248 is perfect i didn't see that it said 2 X 500 rms 2ohm
ok the way you going to wire this so that it sounds louder than you have it is by
wiring each sub to 2 ohms
and putting each sub in it own channel

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
thATS how it is well atleast i think.

Each sub has its OWN set of wires going into a set of neg/pos on the amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
2 x 300 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
2 x 600 Watts Max at 4 Ohms
1 x 1200 Watts Max at 4 Ohms Bridged
2 x 500 Watts at 2 Ohms RMS

Now were trying to get the 2X500Watts at 2ohm RMS outa these? I think that might be how i got it now 2 sets of wires into 2 diff channels. Now i dont know how its running at 4ohm or 2ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
youd have to take them out of the box to see

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
well depending on how much more would i pay would you reccoomend i up to teh 258?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
ok to do the setup that im talking about go to this site, put in one sub dvc 4ohm and take the 2 ohm outcome, plug it in to one of the channels, then do the same for the other sub, this will give you a two ohm load for each sub and 500 watts rms to each sub which they are rated at,

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

this will pound those subs in a sealed or vented, try to stay away from bandpass, loses alot of bass in lanzars. if this is how it is already then put your gain at the one oclock position, turn the low pass frequency all the way to the left, and put the cross over mode selector on low pass. and turn your db bass knob about 3/4 of the way to the right. then to change how you want it to sound just twick each little thing this should put your setup to its best capabilities.
let me know if you have problems

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Ya thats how its set.

Neg to Pos and Pos to neg then one neg and one pos to the amp one chann amse for both amps. From what i know there not LINKED together. I usually keep my knob on 1/4th the way i dont want my subs going bad but ill keep it at half from now on atleast only when i wana show off will i CRANK IT UP:P

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Oh i put them in the BOX MY SELF i custmoised it with the bigger wire through out the hole box.

Now that i think of it i forget if they are connected MMMMM.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
think this may be my wiring option number 3

2 woofers and 4ohms by 2.

Its either that or

Neg - Pos and Pos - Neg on one sub and then from there i take one pos and one neg to the sub thing the side what ever you call it i forget soldered the wires thne same for the other side and then i have a set of wires from the right side of the box into a single chan and wires from left side into a single chan you get what im saying?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
http://lanzar.com/manuals/HRW124D.pdf

Thats how the menu was think thats how i did it.

Neg - Neg
pos - post andthen one from neg one from pos to the box side ill verify 2morrow for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
no dont go from positive to negative,
Upload

then those wires to the left go to one channel then do the same for the other sub to the other channel, no negative and positive wires should be combinded

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
YA THATS HOW ITS DOEN! THere you go. I was all confused is that proper? Then thoes wires go into the side of the sub and then into pos neg of the 1 chan in the amp and then same for other side in chan 2.

Also should i upgrade to 258 or keep 248?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Ill write down all my HU settings the LPF HPF Sub Lvl etc.. you can also tell me how that is alright.
application/mswordUpload
AudioSetup.doc (24.6 k)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
if its not liek that ill open it up and fix the wires + + - - and then 1 + 1 - to the side ill make shore its like that. Also at the back of my amp most settings are at like 90% way up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
no see the wires on the left the plus and minus that say 2ohms that goes into the amp not the other sub the way you hook yours up is as each sub by itself , no wires should combine from both subs each sub kept to itself. treat each sub like its going to a separate amp but instead of having two amps you have two channels. get it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Yep yep i think that is how i have it set ill verify for you alright?

Also ill take pictures of settings on my amp and picture of the box also settings of my HU since you are really knowledge youd know more then the guys at the Flea market.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
alright and if i were you id try to put it in a vented box preferable, if not a sealed, will be louder to your ear ina vented, thats your best bet, and yeas keep your 248 its a great match for those subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
alright well it is a vented box.

4 ports 4"s diameter and about 12" long each corner of the box ill take picture but thing is i hate the fact i dont have a clear glass. I want a clear class so you can see the subs better i hate the stupid Power Pro Audio 12212A BANDPASS in big letters stupid glass:@

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Heres waht the box looks like please i cant draw if my life depended on it n it was a 1min thing.
Upload

Thats front and top view of the box sorry im not Leanardo Da vinci lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
thats a bandbass box if you leave it in there for to long its gonna shread the lanzars, lanzars produce a lot of heat and bandpass doesn't help, but if its what you got its what you got, i have 2 12" heritage too, but mine take 1000 rms each 2000 max each, i have the vibe1800d amp and it pounds, i have it in a vented box, i personally compare it to w7's if people heard my setup theyd know y. i could always get a bigger amp but i dont need it,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Now thoes ports are behind the sub facing so only air thats getting in or out is from the back of the subs the fron part is sealed do you get the setup now?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Well would you reccomend me take the Glass that covers the front of the box off:S?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
i recommend you get a whole new box, if you heard them in a vented setup you'd know why but if moneys tight then stay with that for a while then eventually change to a vented enclosure 1.25 cu ft per side

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
wa would you compare my setup to if its set exactally how you say it should be?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
it would be only 3/4 of the loudness that it can be in a vented or sealed maybe even less...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
u dont know hwo glad i am 2 hear some one say lanzar isnt bad all i hear on this board is lanzar suks this is unreliable that it was a has been. Now maybe i dont know what to do with my Visonik 12" sub i got aswell for free maybe sell it and get a better box?

But ya ill get back to you with wiring and stuff and you can tell me proper settings for HU and the amp even the DB settting which i have on 1/4 the way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
well i paid 180 for the subs and i paid 180 for the amp. 75 bucks for the box carpted inside and out also 250 for the HU and 45 for 2 rear infinty speakers so about lets see 700 dollers not bad wouldnt you say?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
visoniks sound excellent in bandpass if you can get ahold of another visonik id put it in the bandpass and sell it and then use that money to buy a good vented box, but that just my opinion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
yeah not bad i paid
225 for the subs
225 for the amp
175 for my HU (clarion)
200 for box, instalation, and 0 gauge amp kit
and 175 for my eclipse 6.5 silk domes
about a grand that was my budget
and it kicks @Ss baby

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
only have one but dam for what i paid in total everything in wires installation... 800 bucks for a system like that would you consider that really good for the buck? (Canadain Dollers)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
the guy i went to sold me stuff mad cheap but didnt have much of a selection he was trying to sell me some JVL. Also Lanzar looks really kool i seen the subs i wa slike woow these are tight. So i guess if i get your help to get the settings down right at the back of the amp the guy turned everything up on the amp about 95% of the way i moved it back to to about 90 and the amp gets REALLY hot any chance of over heating?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
yeah its pretty good, not tryin to be rude but if you would have saved a lil more like 200 bucks you could of had my system, which hits at least twice as hard as your maybe even more, i hit 154.5 dbs last year in a toyota camry my first car

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
This was going over buget bro. Im lucky i got what i did. But my car ima get stuff off ebay and stuff get better deals and now i have more info this was my FIRST SYSTEM im lucky i got ahold of what i did b4 i had a Legacy 600 watt 2 channel amp pushing these subs and i b4 that i had some Dibies 12" subs that came with a box thank god i changed that all up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Your talking US dollers arent you lol. 1 doller US is like 85cents canadian bro it woulda cost me alot more then that man.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
well you dont need to have your settings 95 % up to get the max out of your subs, not evn that high if you have it tuned right you dont evn have to use 3/4 of your amps power, but make sure your amp has enough air flow so it doesn't over heat and if it keeps overheating either you have a bad connection or your not running it at the right ohm load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
It just gets hot like if i touch it for more then about 5 seconds I WILL GET SERIOUSE BURNAGE!

So ya i have it on the side would you reccomend a fan or somthing? Ill show you how i have everything setup bro take my email down and ill send you some pictures cool?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
um fans sorta help but maybe your amp is just getting old or you need bigger ground and power cables, what gauge amp kit do you have and where did you get it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1563347/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

Woudl you reccomend somthing like that?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Umm there 4 gauge wires. Also got 16 gauge for speakers.

Ill show u picture of all.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
futureshop put the wires in for me actually they did all the amp work i just changed my amp. They had the amp hooked to 2 back speakers i hooked 2 back speakers back up to the deck, then replaced amp and put in subs and used nice big speaker wire and thats about it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
that would help but wouldn't solve the problem, if your amp is trying to hard to power your subs then it will get hot, eventually if played to long it will turn off, but to prevent this you should set your settings properly and make sure you hsve the correct ohm load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
but im gonna take a shower be on later tonight peace

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1040
Hey Eddie - i truly admire how u r doing your best to help this guy .
Believe me i have had 2 post patiently numerous times trying to help out some guys too ....

Good job .......sincerely Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
no prob, hopefully ull do the same for me some day

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Bro i too appreicate this alOT!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
what up car audio how did it come out

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
I sent the pics you get theM?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
yup yup

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
So email me back a reply or somthing how does it look? Any settings on the back of the amp needed to be set from what you can see sorry pictures may be a bit blurry.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
yeh there a lil blurry i couldn't see your settings at all, but im about to take off im gonna go see about a new box for my subs because im getting two more so i want to get a custom box that fills up my whole trunk so ill be on in like 2 3 hours later

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
Alright but so is the box better then you thought it would be in terms of heating up and stuff is it alright?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
I think my LPF is lower then my HPF on my amp i gota write up the HU settings for you too and ill find out how much the settings at the back of the amp are set at well Aprox.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us