Cerwin Vega? Should I...?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 325
Ok, I'm in a pickle. I hear everyone talking about RE, JL, and everything else like IDQ, DD, and so forth.

What I never hear is anyone who uses Cerwin Vega subs. I've found their home audio speakers to have very nice SQ at low and very high levels.

I checked RealmofExcursion.com, and listened to a few of the videos with their old model VMAX's, and one in particular features a pair of them in a sealed enclsure while playing Late Night Tip. They are powered by a Carver ZR-1600 power amp. Carver being equivalent if not better than JL in it's respective home audio status. But regardless, would I be wasting my money to invest in a couple of the VMAX's?

Has anyone had experience with these woofers? I ran the music from the sample video off the site from my computer to my home stereo, and the subs seemed to sound good regardless of recording quality. Heck, they sounded very good even on my computer speakers!

I'm looking more at their 2004 model of the VMAX rather than their 2005 model, as it's RMS power exceeds what my A8000T can accurately put out.

Someone who knows, or anything, about their car audio please let me know. Like I said, I love their home stuff...

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 13
I have no experience with cerwin vega vmax, but i have seen many positive threads on here before about them. No, i dont believe you would be wasting your money on them, and even glasswolf has a couple cerwin vega subs in one his jeep grand cherokees i believe. Trust me, if glasswolf is using a cerwin vega sub, i completely believe they make a quality product. Like i said before, i havent heard them, but i have heard many good things about them, especially the vmax series

Bronze Member
Username: Shackashacka

Post Number: 93
I have a pair of 2 12" V-Max's
i love em to death

they are awesome subs for the money and can get rather loud when placed in the right enclosure/power rating. They've handled everything ive thrown at em and with 20mm of Xmax, they look pretty p-i-m-p when they're at full excursion
ive had no regrets with mine

if u need the specs on em, e-mail or add me on MSN at A_ManY3m@hotmail.com
i dont think they're anywhere on the internet
i had to get em straight from CV

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3785
Vmax's are great for the money. Nobody ever suggests them because they are so caught up on RE.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1888
true, true.
i have never taken the time to look at the Vmax's.
my friend has one in his Camry in a 2.2cu ft ported box, and it pounds.:-O

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
Sounds like a plan, but I'll be using sealed. But the subs say they are designed for a sealed box, or VEGA ported enclosure. So I'm good. I still think I'm gonna go with the older model though...It looks cooler lol, and I don't have 1200W RMS for a pair of the new ones :'(

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3528
there was a time when vega vmaxes were the buzz word here

Bronze Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 76
great subs highly underrated, once re's got popular they sirta drifted away, but great subs sql type of subs at least for there v max series

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
Ok, SQ is sound quality. SPL is Sound Pressure Level (loudness). What is SQL? Sound quality Level? And if so, does that mean it sounds good at high SPL's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us