JOHNOTHAN_f

Bronze Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Sask. Canada

Post Number: 51
Johnothan, you seem to be very knoledgable after reading some of your posts so im going to throw something at you...

10W7 in a HO110R-W7 (JL Fancy Ported Box) or
10W7 in a CLS110RG-W7 (JL Sealed Box)

I hope to be running one of the two on a 500/1 with a stigner 4 AWG wiring kit with 1.2 farad cap (SWCKH41) very soon. What do you recommend?

Oh, and what do you think of my system?

I dont know much about head units but can you make any sugestions?

I am very open to anything that you will suggest.

Thank you, Justin Baker

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4855
If you want SQ, the W7 is a better performer in a sealed box IMO. Ported will give additional output, but with the W7 it doesn't work quite as well in a ported box as an Eclipse Titanium or ID Max would, from a SQ standpoint. It will get loud ported, it just has a peakier response.

As far as head units, how much do you have to spend on it?

Bronze Member

Regina, Sask. Canada

Post Number: 52
400-600 usd

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1002
Allow me to butt in - u can get top of the line Eclipse, Alpine, Premier & a few others brand new online for close toor less than $400 .
Visit each of these 3 company's website & pick 1 with the features u like ...Upload

Bronze Member

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 54
Hey Johnothan, how do you like your head unit. It's hard to find a place on the internet that sells them for cheep. Do you know where I can buy it on the internet? I like the 8 volt Preouts

One more Question...

Would my future system beat this Kicker system...

JL 500/1
JL 10W7
JL Pro Wedge Box

VS.

1 Alpine 600.1
2 Kicker 12" CVR
1 Kicker Ported box(massive port)

I know the JL system will win SQ but SPL? who would win in a DB drag?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4490
If you're more interested in SPL, then try JL W7 in a HO box. It'll give you almost 1.5x the output.
The box has red colour inside, surrounding the sub. You can't miss it.
I've listened to one in person, and it really sounds great.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4863
Eclipse doesn't authorize internet sales. I haven't seen an online site with them anyway, not counting Ebay of course.

As far as the system comparison, the 10W7 is still at a deficit in SPL. In an HO box it would be closer, but a 10" just isn't going to have the surface area to outdo 2 12" subs in most cases.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4499
Yup, but 10" in a HO box sure sounds nice. I could get used to it.
Now that I've experienced the power of MT, I crave for lower powered subs like 10" W7 or IDMax 12". Somehow it sure feels better on the ears for everyday driving.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 989
www.woofersetc.com sells eclipse

Bronze Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 85
as a note to that jl audio has no online authorized internet dealers either.. so ive been told.. and their website says anything sold over the internet has no warranty

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
so if you were in my shoes, you would go with what box? Why? and im leanning towards the sealed because the H.O. would be a tight fit (mabe diagonal) in the trunk of my integra 2000.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
I enjoy barganing with people on ebay and I gave an offer to this guy...

I asked for:

JL 10W7
JL 500/1
JL H.O. box or Sealed ProWedge

He replied:

Without the box the two shipped would be $729, but I can see on Monday what I can do with the box.

We really appreciate your business,

Shipping to me is pretty damb expencive and it's hard to find a Canadian Dealer,

What do you think of my Deal?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4542
If you can fit HO box, do it. It's worth it. In general, some people that put down W7, really haven't heard one in HO box. It may be similar to a vented box, but some ways, it's unique. If you have great ears, do a test. One in a conventional vented box, and one in HO box. I find HO is better.
If you're curious as to why I'm for HO box, it's cause I had a little challenge with a JL dealer. My MT vs their best JL sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4543
Although, nobody was a clear winner, I got to witness what that W7 can do in a HO box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Will this do the job for my system?

stigner 4 AWG wiring kit with 1.2 farad cap (SWCKH41)

And what dose a cap really do?

By the way I already bought it. I did it because it was my last day a Best Buy, I get cost plus ten percent (150 installed)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Ok, I think im going to do this...

Get the 10W7 and the 500/1 for 729$ (includes shipping to canada) and buy the H.O. box from a friend that works at a local shop...

would you do it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4568
Is that $729 US or Canadian? Anytime you can buy a box locally, do it. Much cheaper cause of the shipping charge. This only applies to sub boxes. Everything else, Canadian shops tend to slap on 300% markup. I guess they're trying to retire early.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
729 USD so like 860 CAD

Gold Member

Post Number: 4569
That is not a bad deal, not a great one either.
Don't forget, there's duty and taxes on top of that.
If you were to buy 10W7 in a HO box in Canada, it would cost you $1000 + 15% tax = $1150. So it's like you're getting the amp almost free.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us