AUDIOBAHN SUBS?

Username: Xpop2027

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 1
I have a few questions. I have a 2004 Mercedes Benz C320 Coupe and I wanna know what would be the best sub(s) for me. I went to the local car electronics store and the guy there, which did my friends MINI, said that I should get Audiobahn Subs or Boston Acoustic Subs for my car. I wanted Two 12s and he recommended the ALUM12N subs from Audiobahn or the G212 subs from Boston Acoustics also he said that the SL Series Boston Acoustic components would be good. I have Precision Power Pro Art Amps, the Pro Art 25 and Pro Art 50. I wanted to know what Subs I should get and why? How about One JL Audio 12 inch W7? I already purchased a Kenwood DDX-7017 Head Unit on eBay so I am willing to spend about $1000 on components, subs, and installation. Thanks.

Username: Brandonk17

Post Number: 7
If you want a nice sub then look at RE... the RE SX would be an excellent sub that would def impress you... RE is known for excellent subs and they are worth a look

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 2
What is the RE SX? What brand? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1780
www.reaudio.com
it is their subwoofer designed for massive SPL with good SQ.

the name of the company is Resonant Engineering.
they are small, and they aren't mainstream, so they have way better prices, and much better performance/reliablity than a lot of brands that are mainstream.:-)

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 3
Thanks, but how about the audiobahn, JL, and bostons? Are they any good?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1781
Audiobahns will get loud, but they don't sound good and they aren't very reliable imo.
JL audio has extremely nice stuff. it sounds great and gets loud and is durable.
RE is the same as JL, except that it is wayy cheaper, and looks better:-)
i'm not too familiar with BA.

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 4
Oh, which JL would you prefer?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 161
i can't speak for muddy but all jl subs are good. i think you would be really happy w/ one 12w6v2 or 1 12w7. the w7 is a monster sub and has really good sq same w/ the w6 it uses the same technology as the w7 but is more affordable and isn't quite as massive and is known for having exceptional sound quality
nice car btw what color is it?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1792
yeah, what he said.^^
the W7 is really nice, but for less money and still outstanding performance, the W6 is a great buy.:-O

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 8
Silver :-) Thanks UCF and thanks again Muddy.

Bronze Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 97
How do yo look an ebay for the SE sub you were speaking of, i cant find a product code or anything. Im trying to buy 2 subs, rated at aboiut 600-800 watts RMS, but i want some good ones for a reasonable price
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us