Anyone have some Ideas for 6x8's

Bronze Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 93
Im trying to get some nice 6x8's in my car. I need four of them but i dont know much about the quality of speakers. Full-range would be nice, i just want something with a rich clean crisp sound, and nothing to pricy. I was looking at the Infinity two-way loudspeakers, kappa series... yeah....any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 246
Yea id say go with the infinitys but then again its all personal preferance.And 6x8s are a weird size this is wut id do,Get a good set of 6.5 components (infinttiy kapp perfects,focal,dynaudio,mb quart,boston acoustics)put them in the front and forget about the rear or just leave the stock speakers in there u wont need that rear fill.Get a good 2ch. amp for the comps and youll be set.

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 95
Well i need speakers in the rear because one of the speakers is blown. and on the ford taurus, the speakers in the front and back are all 6x8's. Im pretty sure i could use 6x9's or get the speaker kit where you change a 6x8-9 to a 6-1/2 round speaker. If a 6x9 will fit, i may just get the 3-way kappa series speakers. There going for about 120 dollars (PAIR) on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 936
Well ppl will post & disagree with me - but personally I LIKE HAVING REAR SPEAKERS !

somehow i my ears decipher that there's a gap in the middle of the car with having speakers in front & subs in the back (do u intend to put any/or have subs in the trunk ?) .

Infinity is great for the price but do buy COMPONENTS instead of regular coax for some good SQ . I'd say some put 6.5 in both front doors & a pair of 6x9s in rear panel using a riser/spacer to make it fit ... along with a descent 4 chan amp .

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 98
yeah, that sounds great, and i do have this thing about hearing speakers in the rear, sometimes that the only speakers i have running, and it also bug the h$ll out of me when i know that one of the back speakers arent working, I am trying to get 2 twelves in the trunk, i just cant decide on what twelves i want with what amp, and im trying to pry myself from audiobahn.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 985
"i just want something with a rich clean crisp sound" - well i'd suggest getting a pair of IMAGE DYNAMICS SUBS like i'm intending to do .
they are excellent SQ subs, do get loud & said to come very close to JL standard.
http://69.93.14.227/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&page_ID=14&category_ID=23& mfg_account_ID=36&sort=high&=Update+Selection
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us