Subs and single cab pick-ups...

Username: Ja1983

West yorkshire England, UK!

Post Number: 1
hi guys, i`m looking for some help!

i`ve got myself a pickup, single cab, 2 seater, and am greatly missing bass!

i`m aiming for front and rear speakers, and a sub(s) although what and where is still a myystery..

if anyone has done this before, or knows of any ideas that might make it easier to get something in such a confined space i will be very greatfull!

Ja

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10594
you can fit a sub or two behind the seats in a pickup if you don't mind losing all of your storage space. best way to do it is with fiberglass.
forget rear speakers. just do a good front stage. you'll absolutely destroy your front stage imaging and soundstage with rear speakers stuck right next to your ear.

the space issues and acoustics of a pickup generally make them about the worst vehicle short of a motorcycle you could choose for a stereo system.

other cheap option is just to add a bass tube.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 244
I disaggre glass some of the best sounding sterero systems ive heard were in trucks. I prefer trucks when it comes to bass cuz it feels like ur sittin in the sub box.I will say that it doesnt sound as lound from the inside of the truck but other ppl can definitly here it very good and from far away with ur windows down in a truck.

Post Number: 2
as far as subs behind seats goes, whats the best box... for a good balance (and seat rumbling) a sub behind each seat.

sealed, ported, bandpass....??

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3519
kick pods on the floor maybe tweets on the pillars or in the pods and homemade center console or sub behind seats as mentioned subwoofer could also be mounted in dash board or glovebox or possibly under seats (mods may need done to do that)

Bronze Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 86
i have a standard cab gmc sonoma, and all i did was replace my front speakers with boston acoustics and i got two 8" subs behind the seats.. i barely lost any leg room and i got my bass, but TWiZTiD is right i lost some loudness because i have them in a truck but some how you can hear my system from pretty far away. (not such a good feature) i have my 8's in sealed boxes running 150 watts to each of them.

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 178
my brother has a single cab 1988 ranger and he is pickin up some seats from the local wrecking yard, bacause he has a long bench type seat, or you could buy some sparco racing seats, and construct a sub box inbetween both seats that would/could also act as a centre console, ive seen it in many trucks on cardomain.com, and if u check there was previous post on her about trucks and the same problem...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1034
here it is - https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/164743.html

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3522
you could also install the subs in the doors

Post Number: 3
would they not be a bit heavy on thte doors, and what about sound staging etc..?

i`m now thinking 6.5" componants, with the tweeters mounted to the a pillar, woofers in the front of the door, then its a case of finding some box designs and decent 8" subs.

i`m also getting slightly concerend about wiring the amps, ....i`ve got two batteries! how should i go about taking power off them, or just use one?!?

thanks for your time guys!

Bronze Member
Username: 69vwvan

Winamac, Indiana USA

Post Number: 15
you could just get bucket seats and throw a bass tube int the middle of them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us