Audiobahn

Matt G
Unregistered guest
I'm looking at buying a Audiobahn A2150HCT. What's the feeling on Audiobahn amps?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1134
disrespect...

to say it kindly :-)

Matt G
Unregistered guest
What is considered a good amp compnay to buy from?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1135
no...they are disrespected for a reason.

they are known for having overrated power ratings, high failure rates, and overall poor performance.

IMO (and in the opinion of many others on this forum) audiobahn is nothing more than a cromed turd.

Anonymous

hey matt i a have the 1500HTC with 2 15's and never had a problem except for the stock alt. going out, i think you'll be pleased

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 238
Audiobahn is all about looks not power or sound quality.They spend all the money on blue lights and chrome flames and "cool stuff" by the time theyre done doing all that they dont have enough money to put good parts in the amps.But theyre makin money of little kids that drive cool little civics with 500 neon lights on em.If they only knew how music was supposed to be heard. :-(

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1087
hate audiobahn. but in all fairness, the one 80001dt amp i had did me great. pushed 3 w3's very hard and never failed. it never even ran hot and it was at 1ohm behind my rear seat between the seat and the sub box.
would never buy another one, but for the noncompetitor low on ends, the upper lines are relatively decent amps. again, particularly for the price.
i really hate chrome and flashy lights, regardless.
oh, and all the subs suck.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 259
Just had a conversation at work with a guy who's been using Audiobahn subs. He blew his 4th pair of 12s today. LOL. He doesn't know alot about car audio and couldn't give me too many details, but I do know he's been running 400w RMS to his subs and he said they were rated at 700w RMS. Knowing him, he's probably clipping the heck out of his amp, but he's still ruined 8 Audiobahn subs even though they are being underpowered.

Anonymous

i would much rather have re or idmax but for the price i paid for all the audiobahn equip. i am very happy with. now before you guys jump my sh%t im not saying they don't have issues its just that i've never had any with audiobahn.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 961
Er - i hope this thread will not end up long like that other bahn thread ......Upload

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 267
The guy I work with actually received a credit from a local audio shop for his subs this morning. He paid the difference and purchased the top Audiobahn model they carry. I believe he said they were 1000w RMS. He blew one of them 5 minutes after installing it and switching to a RF BD1000A1 (I think that's the model number).

I tried to talk to him about clipping, voltage, gain, etc., but he didn't seem interested in what I had to say. He went to another local shop and they claimed he needed 2500w RMS subs for that RF amp. They sell RF, of course! I gave up after realizing he believes the BS they're feeding him. This is the same shop that told him his BD1000A1 is 3000w RMS and that he just needs a big cap because alternators don't help much.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1150
here is are just a few of the reasons i dont like audiobahn:

1) bout 2yrs ago...i went through 3 pair of audiobahn 10's in sealed boxes w/ my jbl bp600.1 in about 3 months. (bout a $180 mistake :-( )

2) A buddy of mine went through 4 15" audiobahn immortals (their top of the line sub) in the parking lot of the place he bought them in about 2 hours. ($350 each). He was using a cadence ZRS-9 (rated 2000wrms @1ohm), him and an installer at the shop would hook up a sub, play it a lil while, and the sub would blow(the dustcaps, spiders, and other parts that would literally fly off)...then they would change to blown sub out for a brand new immortal.

3) at the first car audio competition i ever went to, there was a guy w/ 2 audiobahn flameQ 10's in an ext cab ford truck w/ no backseat. he was sponsored by a local shop that did the install (i have to admit, it was a VERY nice install)...the 10's were in 2 separate ported boxes and were powered by some audiobahn "1800w" amp. they sounded ok at low levels, but at higher volumes they sounded like @$$...plus, my 1 10" brahma and a bp600.1 sounded WAY cleaner and any volume and it was dam near as loud. (his was only 1.5-2.5db louder)

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 319
Let's NOT start another Audiobahn thread again...

Username: Drasticgs

Post Number: 1
lol funny how everyone says audiobahn sux.
if most of you knew how to hook everything up proper then they wouldn't suck for you.i own 5 car audio shops thoughout ny.install everything and anything.just currently put in 2 15"audiobahn immortal's,2 a2300hct amps,kenwood xxv-05v dvd head unit,in a 2000 lexus.put the car up against a rockford fosgate escalade with 3 12's.was SHOCKED to hear how good the audiobahn sounded,pure clean deep bass.the bass was deeper the the rf's.

as for as putting audiobahn in a sealed box,DON'T DO IT.audiobahn create alot of heat thats why they blow often in people cars who know nothing about how everything works.read some instructions or take lesson's on how to do it.
not a audiobahn fan but i was really impressed on how good it sounded,especially in a lexus.
not all amps and speakers are designed the same so don't think they get installed the same.

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
HEY NOW I SAID, WE'RE NOT GONNA START ANOTHER AUDIOBAHN RULZ/SUXXORS THREAD!

Next person to post on here gets castrated!

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
"Audiobahn is all about looks not power or sound quality.They spend all the money on blue lights and chrome flames and "cool stuff" by the time theyre done doing all that they dont have enough money to put good parts in the amps.But theyre makin money of little kids that drive cool little civics with 500 neon lights on em.If they only knew how music was supposed to be heard. :-("

Or people that drive Mercury Cougars and the only neon lights are the windshield nozzles, which can't even be turned on because they are illegal in WV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
Ah crap...I'm getting castrated...

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1187
but tyler,

you posted next :-)

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1007
well it means he can still use it's just that he can't have any kids - LOL Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1009
Typo above ,should have been

well it means he can still use it - just that he can't have any kids ...LOL

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1884
And Tyler says I'm mean about amps...:-(