Capacitor Vs. Amp Location problem.....

SiX
Unregistered guest
I have a 8 Farad Kole cap that I need to run the 4 Lightning Audio 300.4 900w amps to power my 4 Infinity 1230w Subs. I was told to put the cap as close as possible to my amps as possible. Am I supposed to put it in series between my amps and subs, or between my battery and amps?? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 173
battery power line to cap, cap to distribution block: to amps. don't for get to ground the cap! you can ground it at the same location you gound yer amps.

SiX
Unregistered guest
Also Very Important - Do I put my 200A Breaker between the cap and battery or between the cap and amps - Thanks.

SiX
Unregistered guest
Breaker Location.... Anyone... Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1114
put the breaker/fuse ~12 inches from your battery.

SiX
Unregistered guest
Would it be best to use my cap as a sort of distribution block to get the amps closer to the cap by, getting rid of the blocks and running my 0Ga power to the cap, OGa Ground to the cap, and then just running 4Ga power and grounds directly to the amps from the cap. Would that be best or the distribution block set-up??? Thanks...

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 107
distro block....will be cleaner and will have less problems.....having tomany wires on a cap could cause issues!!

Username: Dankum

Post Number: 4
your not supposed to ground at the same location as the amps!!

Post Number: 5
at least thats what my stinger manual says for my cap

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 261
Jonathon, Glass, Isaac, etc.,

Is it true that you're not supposed to ground the cap at the same location as the amps? If so, I need to reconfigure my ground wires.

SiX
Unregistered guest
Is this true... Anyone??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
the manual that came with my stinger cap. says not to ground to the amps ground

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 265
I know you're not supposed to use the same ground wire. You're supposed to use a seperate ground wire, but I haven't heard/read anything saying that you shouldn't use the same ground location on the chassis. I'll be running a seperate wire for sure, but I had planned to ground two amps and my cap at the same location on my chassis.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us