Ideas For my System

Username: Swishblank88

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 9
All Right I want to fiber glass my spare tire well...I got the stuff to do it (its an 85 prelude) and I was just wondering if anyone has any pros/cons in experience with it. Im going to scrap my 2 12" infinty refs and probably mount 1 12" Logic ZXW12 in there. I was going to use a Kenwood KACX811d amp to power it. What do you guys think? recommendations?

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 145
everyone here is gunna tell you thats crap
whats how now is www.reaudio.com
if you want a good sub at a cheap price u can get a alpine typeR 12" for a bout 110$ shipped off of ebay (500 rms) if u want a well built but cheap amp get hifonics mono class d amps but they are over rated so you have to get a little higher rms amp than you would normily of gotten
i would get 2 alpine typeR 4 ohm dvc and a hifonics 1500 rms amp and wire it to 1 ohm and youll have alot more bass than you would with the logic logic is really a no name brand

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 612
Seems like a good idea until you find yourself stranded on the side of the highway

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10567
if you're going to glass in the spare tire well, I have two suggestions
1- get AAA
2- go with a single 15" instead of two 12" subs.

oh ok and 3-
consider a better sub than Infinity. Especially in that car.. the trunk is sealed like a fridge, and you need to have a lot of output to hear it in the cabin unless you vent the rear deck area.
at least if this is the prelude body I'm thinking. the sleeker looking one with the thin long dash cluster design..
first year of the newer body style after they got unboxy.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1081
http://www.diysubwoofers.org/projects/carsub.htm
pretty much what you're doing.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 145
Spare tire install is pretty custom. So save up for a better sub.

Glass is right, those older preludes are sealed pretty good.

RE SX is looking pretty good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us