Iridium Kicks or Dash

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1059
of course, i have been working toward placing the 3" in the kicks and the highs in the "A" pillars. but i have been reviewing the different DLS comp winners and all but scott's have been dash mounted.
http://dlsamerica.com/ under "Team DLS"
wondering experienced opinions on this before i start to cutting. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1060
was wondering also if the depth of my kicks from the seat (Expedition SUV) might play a factor in the difference.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4831
Typically you'll need time correction or phase correction to get the imaging right with a dash install. The good thing about a dome mid is that since it is a sealed back, you can experiment with location as you would a tweeter, some velcro or double sided tape and experimentation will give you an idea of how it will sound and image. A dash install in larger vehicles can be good and it can be bad, the good is that many have dashes large enough that the domes would be further away from you compared to a typical car, the bad is these types of vehicles are typically much wider and the right side can be even further away than it would be in a car. Dash installs tend to work really well in compact trucks like Rangers and S10s because they were so narrow. Another thing to play around with, though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1064
great. i'll stick with the kicks then. keep me from cutting up the dash. not quite experienced enough anyway in installs. should be done by the new year. thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us