Need Help on my System

Username: Sentinel216

Waco, Texas United States

Post Number: 1
Have 2 - 12" Kicker CompVR's running on a 1200W Sony Xplod Amp in a basic hatchback box. Have done Dynamatting on the trunk lid and top of trunk space just behind back seats.

System is in a 2006 Pontiac G6 with subs facing back towards trunk lid.

And it all rattles like crazy still even after dynamat. I have asked the place what to do and they mentioned spraying foam or something. Or getting a bandpass box. Both require money and to be honest I'm at the end of money to spend on the system and both options are expensive.

Would turning the speaker from facing the back to facing towards the interior help any? What would someone recommend? The rattling is ridiculous and it kinda makes me not even enjoy my new system.

Post Number: 2
oh yea... I don't mind spending some more money... I just don't know which option is the best. So I need help figuring out the best way to ease the rattling and not waste money on something that wouldn't work.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 501
i would move the subs and see if that helps, i know my brother had this problem in his impala, and just moved his subs intill he found a spot that didn't make the trunk rattle so much. and don't get a bandpass box, they will make your subs sound like crap.

Post Number: 3
so move them so that they are facing the front?

any other suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 258
wouldnt this cause cancellation?

Post Number: 4
cancellation? I'm kind of not a pro when it comes to systems and terms sorry.

I'm thinking they may mean it cancels any warranties I have with the place that installed the system if I move stuff myself? Or am I way off.

Post Number: 6
bump.

any other suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Johntheguy

Post Number: 16
it shouldn't void your warranty. you should face them front

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1803
cancellation means if the subs are facing each other, and one of them is not playing out of phase(they both move out when the bass hits instead of one moving out and the other one moving in) then you will get almost no bass, b/c the sound waves cancel each other out.

or if the sub is playing to close to your trunk lid, with no enough room for the sound waves to develop
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us