Group buy for RE subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 21
I just read on another board that they did a RE group buy and this one guy got an RE12 for $47!!! Anyone know about this? I'm gonna call RE 2morrow to check it out.

I'll let you guys know soon.

asstrosafari
Unregistered guest
yeah i saw that on the other board too i had called re today when i was at work and they said if you get 5 people to buy sx's theyll leave them at 230 shipped! I didnt ask about all the other subs since i only wanted a sx.But the way it works is the five people have to buy the same sub not like one person buys an sx and another person a mt ect........

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1723
haha, anybody want to do group lunch?
LMAO!

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 871
Man - u do liven up the place ....lol

RE would get good business from this forum ,prolly @ least a dozen in each series judging by the way its mentioned daily - lol Upload

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 23
yea thats what i figured after I saw the other board too.
Thought of the RE fanatics at ecoustics.

Well anyway, since you guys are 'forcing' me to get a RE SX12 (asked around plenty and always comes to the same sub) I'll try to organize a group buy early next week to get them ordered by next Friday.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 178
i want to buy a SX12 also... do you know what payment methods REaudio will take???. I would like to be in on this group deal... I know you said it has to be the same sub, but does it have to be all SX12's or can it be SX12, and SX15?? If its just SX12... thats fine, and i would like to be in on this group buy...

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
Comp, would u just order all 5 of the subs, and then we each pay you or how will that work???

Username: Anacard

Dimond Bar, CA United States

Post Number: 10
i want xxx 18 and two of them

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 151
I want one

Bronze Member
Username: Jcook

Post Number: 12
I need specs before i can make a decision. The website says 1000 rms. Is that true for the 12"? Also what ohms is that at and what ohms are the voice coils?

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 158
yeah, thier website sucks when it comes to info. it's like they don't wanna give you any specs....

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1725
the SX VC's are rated at 1000wRMS, they get this rating from playing them free-air for 16hrs(its around that many, not positive on the number).
they are DVC 2 ohm.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 24
RE SX12
2ohm VC
1000 wat RMS
??? Peak

Check this out if you wanna see some subs in action.....
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/main.html

Don't base (base = bass corny but, eh) your desicion on that website though.....different variables effect your subs preformance. But damn just one of the SX12's looks/sounds great.

I'll call RE as soon as I get off of work to answer the payment method question and the size difference (12 or 15) question. I'll post as soon as I know.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 251
RE rarely does group buys. If they do them they'll be on www.soundillusions.net, their home forum. Even then, they've onl had a couple.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 722
If it doesn't have to be the same line, I will be in on it too. I was going to be getting (3) 10" RE's anyway. Someone let me know.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 25
Well if they only had a couple group buys, I can't find any recent ones at soundillusions.net (I'm registered there too with the same username: ), so I guess its time for one again. Busy at work but I get off at 3 EST. I'll call RE then.

Issac, if they only allow same line (I'm going for SX), why not get 5 10" RE's. You'll get a group discount on your own lol, might even be the same amount with free shipping and all.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
dvc 2 ohms. that gives me the 1 ohm that i need for my amp that is rated 1000 rms @ 1ohm. Count me in

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 26
p.s. I wouldn't want to pay for all 5 subs and you guys pay me.....I don't know you guys that well, and you really don't know me at all.

I would really prefer if RE gives us a group id or number and we each call seperately to order the Sub. I would use email's once we get to that stage. (5 people= 5 calls = 5 subs = 1 group...or however that would work out.)

Bronze Member
Username: Vic_in_explorer

Sanford, Florida United States

Post Number: 18
Im wanting to get two SX15s or 18s. Not imediately but in Dec. If anybody considers preparing also for that time make some comments rearding it. Im seriously interested. Does anybody else know of group rates through other companies?

Username: Megaman

Elk grove, Ca USA

Post Number: 8
i'm interested..just lemme know what brands

Bronze Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 85
i might possibly be interested in either a sx12 or a sx15 ill keep an eye on this conversation and ill let you know. how much cheaper will it be we got 10 people in on it?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3775
Honestly, does anybody ever even call the company and actually get a group buy coordinated? About once a month sombody starts a stupid group buy, that never goes through, becuase,..... the company doesn't even know about it. No offence, it's a good idea, but I've never seen one actually carried out on this forum...

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 969
well if it does go thoruhg and we can get different sizes... count me in on a SX15... but if ur going to wait a month to ask RE then count me out. because ima order mine soon. so if we cant do the group buy let me know and i;ll just order it myself. but if it will work count me in for a SX15 8)

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 32
Called RE up today. Had to call around 4 (no answer the first time). They weren't that helpful. Here is what they said:
1. Get a list of orders (any amount)
2. Call back.

LoL Guess the guy was cranky.
Well anyway, if you want in send me a private message...nothing official yet just what you would want, size, and how many.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 33
ohh and he didn't say they had to be the same model (RE's, Sx's, MT's, etc.)

and Joe Smoe, Eat it...why do you care anyway?

I'll call Monday....Serious Buyers only!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3776
I'm not dissing you comp98. I was only hoping that somebody had actually taken the time to acually comnact the company and arrange a group buy. For one, they don't happen very often, and two, people love to make up pretend group buys and never go through with it.

I guess I'm just sick of seeing a new "group buy" every couple weeks or so.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 34
Well I plan on going all the way with this:
so far
2 RE SX12 for 2 pple

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 970
comp... im VERY serious about a 15 SX over here... umm thatd be dual 4 ohm too. so write it down ;-)

15 SX D4

.. its normally 269 plus shipping right? lets see how much i save...lol

Anonymous

ask how much a 10 RE mt will be, i want one and will pay. Ill register soon

Username: Treydog

Post Number: 3
hello i know this has nothing todo with the topic at hand, but i am needing some help. I just purchased a pair of orion 10 XTR subs from a pawn shop. The problem is I don't know what Ohm they are. They are dual voice coil, and states on the back of sub 500 watts. Any suggestions

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 35
I prefer that you email me through private message so I have everyones email address. So far:
2 SX 12's D2
1 SX 15 D4
1 MT 10 D2

Please email me for orders!
Makes it more official and a direct way of contact.

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
Comp98, it says on RE's website that the SX series are all dual 2 ohm. So idk how you can get a SX 15 D4... just letting u know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
Comp98 any idea how much less each sub will be costing us if we get 5-6 peeps in on this group buy...

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
if this works out so its like 230-240 shipped for the SX12 thats a great deal....

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 36
yup thats what i was told 230-240.....dual 4 ohm's are special requests...cost $25 extra for RE to make em.

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
ahh i see, i didn't know the made special requests....did u get my private message???

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 37
3 SX 12's D2
1 SX 15 D4
1 MT 10 D2

Keep the orders coming, the more orders the greater the discount should be! I wont stop taking order until Monday afternoon or 20 Email orders. Email please!
Trevor please email me with order!
Anonymous, Register and email me!

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 38
Yeah mike, Once i get an email I'll respond. You should be getting a short message from me soon.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 375
I just e-mailed you, I want an 18" MT, but first I gotta see if its worth it, how much money I can save and all that, Because I can get RE pretty cheap here, from the only authorized RE dealer, plus I can save the shipping money also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I called RE for a price on the 12" SX at $270 for 1 to zipcode 33440

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 39
3 SX 12"
1 SX 15" D4
1 MT 10"
1 MT 18"

All D2 VC unless otherwise stated.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 730
Hey comp, are you just getting an official list and then we all get a group number or something? I am just curious about how all this is gonna go down. I am probably gonna be in on it as well.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 40
I know I responding to you through email Isaac but other people might have the same question, so they'll get the same answer:

Well, this is just a preliminary list.
When I call RE Monday, I'll tell them the size, brand, and amount we would be ordering and see how much of a discount they would give us. Once I know the discount for each person's order I'll email everyone to see if they're still in.

Once we get to that stage and we know whose serious about this, I'll have to think of an ordering method. Probably a group id# so we can all pay seperately directly to RE.

I have about 2 more orders but I'm at work right now!! so the numbers will come later!
Keep em coming!

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 976
i sent a PM yesterday.... did you get it?

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 43
sorry for the late post but I have a busy weekend ahead.

From now on, I will only accept orders/requests through email, so if you just posted on this board and didn't send me an email, your order is not included. SEND EMAILS! You don't have to type your life story just : 1 RE SX 12 or whatever it is you want.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 44
Megaman: 2 x SE12
Tdeaton1021: 1 x SX15 D4
Alias747: 3 x RE10
Fordpwr: 1 x MT18
Camaro155mph: 1 x SX12
Jcook: 1 x SX12
Comp98: 1 x SX12

These are the confirmed requests as of Friday afternoon. If you don't see your name here, you didn't send me an email to request a item. It only takes 5 seconds!

Please be patient, if you emailed me 5 minutes ago it might take up to 1 hour for me to recieve that email.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
hey Comp, is the list still at 10 subwoofers total??? And i am going to get the SX12... like u have me down for

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 48
Have you decided on the SX12 or SX15? As of now, I have you down for an SX12 but if you change your mind, email me and I'll replace it. Going to call RE tomorrow around 3pm EST.

Bronze Member
Username: Sinx85

Post Number: 22
hey plz add me to the list.
i need 2 SX 10"

thankx

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1912
email him, otherwise you won't make it on the list.:-O

to do this, simply click his name, and then click send a private message to Comp98:-)

Bronze Member

done, thankx buddy :-)

Username: Vai4me

Michigan USA

Post Number: 10
PM sent looking for 2 12" RE SE...Thanks Comp98 for all your work!

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 76
how much will i save if i order a re sx 15 when will you get the order done an everything

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 49
vai4me and sinx: I have both your request and you are added to the list. I'm at work right now so I can't give you a total number of subs until later.

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
so i guess u didnt see my post how much will it actually cost if i buy them through this buy

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 753
No one really knows yet, read the whole thread, he says he is calling today to find that kind of info out and will e-mail all of us back with the prices and make sure we are still in.

BTW, thanks for coordinating this whole thing Comp, it is really appreciated! :-)

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 50
thanks for handling that Isaac : )

Well called RE and sent them an Email, everything is explained in the emai I sent to the people participating in the group buy.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 51
Vai4me

Your email address listed with ecoustics is not working properly!! Please send me your correct email address asap. I also sent you a private message but that will probably not work.

I will not post your email address becuase of privacy reasons, but please contact me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
can i get added to this list too i would like 2 15 sx's dual 2 ohm (2 of these will produce a 1ohm load) right what info do you need or is it to late

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
sorry i am poor so if it comes out to too much can i cop out i only have a about 300$ right now until later on this week is that okay thanks for not cussing me out for these questions i am new to the field

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 757
Well 2 Dual 2-ohm subs can't be wired to 1 ohm, Sorry. You would have to pay extra for the dual 4 ohm version.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 52
Sorry man, already sent the request into RE earlier this afternoon. Again, I will not be taking anymore request. Best of Luck.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 381
Thanks Comp.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 11
I changed the email in my profile last night...I recieved notices of the posts but no-one can email me? weird...sorry it took a while I work afternoons and don't get home until about 11:00 PM EST.

Unregistered guest
hey, i want a RE 12" XXX dual 2 ohm, i want it as soon as possible, i would love to do a group buy

email me at : jollymantv@yahoo.com

im in Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344

Unregistered guest
Jollymantv I think it is too late to join these guys in their group buy. I don't know if RE would be willing to do another group buy but I also would really like to purchase a few of their subs. I want either 2 RE 8' or 2 xxx6.5's for my rear deck and I can't decide which line of sub but I want either 1-2 12"SE, 1 12"sx. or 1 12"xxx all depending on price. I am in Fridley, MN and I am a regular at the soundillusions.net forum which is RE's home forum and many of the guys that frequent are from MN. You can contact me at kicks4me4@hotmail.com or just go to the soundillusion.net forum and my name is kicks4me4

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 15
Comp98...did you recieve my PM? Am I still in this deal? Thanks.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 53
Yes I recieved your pm and responded via your gamil account.

Bronze Member
Username: Jcook19

Post Number: 13
Any news from RE Comp98??

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 59
nope, gonna give RE an Early morning call and bug em all day at work : )

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

SWEEEEEEEET I can hardly wait...no bass right now....thanks again Comp98 sounds like these guys are making it tough for you...want us to go rough em' up a bit? j/k LOL :D

Username: Hehe

Clewiston, Florida

Post Number: 2
I take it RE never answered the phone?????????????????????????????????????

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 74
yup...I'll email you guys later....Man I've been calling and emailing RE all week and no one has ever picked up the phone. They either have the worst customer service or they're having trouble expanding.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
holy shyt man , cant believe they gona miss all this business just cuz of poor customer service.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 43
What a shame...I was looking forward to it but what can you do...:-(

Bronze Member

ah well i still hope they reply and we all can get some discount.
May be these guys are out of stock or dont want to offer group discount :-(

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

I for one am pretty much done with RE...To me it speaks loudly when you treat potential customers this way. I think of it like this if they are this hard to get to sell you the stuff imagine how hard it is to get them to warranty it or take care of you after they have your money. I understand that they are expanding but a good business owner doesn't leave its consumers to hang out to dry...so to speak. Emails could have been answered from a remote location, phone calls could have been forwarded and the web site could have said something about having difficulties with expansion (if that's the case). Sorry but to me there are really very little excuses for a business to be ran in this manner. Shame on RE and hopefully they will learn from this.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 75
I agree with you all. Customer Service is priority in all buisness' especially one that has no other cosumer outlet than telephone and email. How do they expect to sell anything when they don't answer the phones or reply to emails?

Well anyway, I'm not going to completely flush RE down the drain just because I have heard some instances of great customer service from them, burnt coils, wrong orders, etc all fixed. So I'll give them and myself a week or two to calm down.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 45
Comp98 have you had them do that for you? I am wondering because if thier customer service is that great I would still consider them too. My last post although true was also filled with alot of my disapointment and anger...lets see what happens...maybe they'll have a good reason. Hopefully they do get back and offer a really good discount...

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 260
How much of a discount where u guys hoping for

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 46
When this had first started I was thinking that $300.00 shipped for both of the RE SE's woulda been nice...but now I am thinking it would have to be better than that...maybe...we'll see. I really can't say unless they do offer a discount or come back and say ANYTHING to Comp's repeated attempts to reach them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
I was hoping to get 1 SX12 for about $250 shipped... i would have been happy with that. I have been decided on the SX12 and the RE 12.1 amp for quite some time, and the fact that they aren't answering emails or phone calls makes me really upset because i have to start from square one again... Plus i wanted my new system to be installed by Oct. 29th, which is my homecoming dance... and there will be about 1000+ kids there and i would have really of liked them all to hear my music when the dance got out and everyone was in the parking lot.... lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i called re just now. they have been at a show or something. they are back now. they didn't know anything about a groupbuy and say that they didn't know of any coming up. So now that they are back, Comp do your thing. They should answer the phone now. sorry for the crapping writing i am in a rush to get back to work!!!!! bye
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us