Panasonic CQ-C1300U / spectacular buy.

Username: Djhpr

Post Number: 1
I was in the market for a new HU to install in my Civic DX Hatchback. Since I was on a budget, I was looking for something that had a few features that enticed me, such as MP3/WMA playback, front and rear preamp outputs, and your basic CD and Radio.

The Panasonic CQ-C1300U fit the bill. It was 129 dollars at Sound Domain, and it included the installation kit and harness (with crimp caps, and wiring accessories.)

Since glasswolf hates Panasonic products, I was reluctant at first. However, many of the household products I own are Panasonic, including my old VHS Camera from the '80s. Hey, even the stock HU in my car was made by the Matsushita company, which makes it a Panasonic.

If you're in the market for stereo that has MP3/WMA playback, CD, front and rear preamp outputs (2.5v), GET THIS HEADUNIT. The sound quality with my stock speakers are phenomenal. A massive step up from the stock radio indeed.
I've been a clarinet player for 5 years, a prospective BM Performance major, and sound quality is a top priority for me. This unit has delivered. It's no Eclipse or Alpine, but beautiful sounding nonetheless. Most of the time, I enjoy my music through my Grado cans at home, and driving around in my car isn't a headache for me anymore.

In conjuction with installing my radio, I also installed a Cerwin-Vega 12" Stealth and a US Acoustics USA4050. Right now, it's just driving the subwoofer. It's not an SPL comp system, but the sound is crisp and clear. I strongly suggest the sub and amp as well.

One gripe however: the screen and LEDS are intensely bright. There was no dimmer wire either.

In short, get this HU if you're low on cash and big on quality.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1813
hope it holds up for ya.
there should be a setting for adjusting that display brightness in the setup somewhere
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us