Jonathan

Username: Ultra57

Post Number: 7
You come highly recommended with JL knowledge.
I have a NEW JL E2150 that was suppose to power some XR series but I ordered the Rainbows below.

Will a JL E2150 AMP be compatible for some
CS 265 Profi Vanadium Phase Plug ? If so how can they be wired.
Appreciate anything you can provide. I didnt realise the spec difference in these things from the JL components. But I hear a set from my friends Dad and I had to get some.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4828
"Will a JL E2150 AMP be compatible for some
CS 265 Profi Vanadium Phase Plug ?"

Absolutely. You will be underpowering them a bit, but they'll work well with that amplifier as long as huge volume levels aren't your goal. Simply wire the set to the stereo outputs of the amplifier, nothing extra required.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I'm a SQ kid and 45watts on the fronts I think will be more then fine. I just didnt want to ruin the sound of the Rainbows or the AMP if not adequate.
Friend thought I might have to go with the 300/2 but we thought was overkill plus not my thing with large volume levels.

Thank you

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4829
The 300/2 would be better, even from a SQ aspect since you would have more headroom for dynamic transients. Every time you double the power, it yields a 3db increase. That 150W amplifier would give you around a 4-5db increase at full tilt compared to the amp you have.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Well maybe I should go that route then. They will take this one back seeing its unused, but I think I was told I'd need to dump quite a bit more $$$

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 602
Those rainbows are craving a Tru T-2.100

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 603
or you could go all active and get the T-4.65 That would be an excellent choice in my opinion

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
You lost me scuba with the tech talk lol
all active t-4 ?

I'm the one trying to figure out the AMP I have or need and how to connect it all to an existing AMP & Sub in the vehicle. lol

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 604
ahh sorry. The T-4.65 is a 4 channel amplifier made by Tru Technology (www.trutechnology.com) If you got a 4 channel amp rather than a 2 channel amp, you could run the speakers without the crossovers that came with it. If you still wanted to use those, you could the Tru-2.100. Also, as Jonathan said, the amp you have will work fine, I was just recommending an amp in a line of amps that I was very impressed with.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4830
If he can afford Tru Technology amplifiers, they're fantastic. They're just past the majority of enthusiasts budgets, including my own for the time being :-)

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 605
haha, they're above my budget as well. I can picture them powering Rainbows though, which is why I mentioned it. I figure if he could afford the speakers, maybe the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1057
beautiful amp. these are pics of the T4.100 i snapped at the shop. It was sent as one of two prototypes at the time. the hammer was the other. both were incredibly built. the 4ch sounded so clear and effortless on the diamond d6 components. and the gains were turned completely down on the tru.
i know amps don't have sound quality, but the difference between the tru and the accompanying diamond amp was substantial. and it looks even better than the DLS A line imo, which is my favorite looking amp.

Upload
Upload
Upload
the amp monitors all four channels individually for clipping (gain setting).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
You guys are killing me here. The AMP my friends Dad has looked alot like that but he was pretty hesitant to lift the seat up and show me ?

I'm just trying to use the JL I got, but out of curiosity how much are those babies ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1058
and further, what is it with the asian "abyss" that is a direct copy of the tru? rebadging?
i thought the tru was supposedly made in the US.
UploadUpload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4434
Holy $hit, those ba$tard$. That kind of copying should be illegal. Just imagine if a car company did that.
Well come to think of it, they do copy, but not 100%.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4435
Here's a warning for those that are buying brand named products on eBay.
It appears that some of the crooks are selling JL knockoffs. It has the JL's name and case, but the inside is a clone. Cheap amp made from Mars.
They are making killer margins. If you see an amp for sale that is just too low in price, then it's a fake.
If you have to buy one, then ask for serial number first and check it out with JL.

Another tip for refurb amps on eBay. The crooks are also taking dead Zapco amps and replacing the parts with $2 components then selling it as new product. Everything will check out, serial number, purchase date etc. The only problem is, once you buy it and use it for few months, the cheap replaced part will die.
So be warned.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1061
interesting. i recall jl saying something to that effect a while back regarding internet sellers. would be too bad if it were true. most people wouldn't know the difference if they had a fake amp. i'd guess these guys have been making a killing.
i hope it's not true though. warranties are always good to have.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4440
Well you see, eBay is selling them so cheap, even the JL dealers had to buy some from them. This shop owner went down to the states to buy 8 JL amps. When they brought it up to Canada and tested them, 7 of them were clones, only 1 was real. They paid for 8 original JL amps. The ba$tard$ made a killing.
Yes, it'll be very hard for most users to tell the difference cause the shell is JL. The inside is all gutted out.
JL and Zapco should prosecute them to the fullest. It makes them look bad.
No manufacturers should also be allowed to have similar names like RockWood. It confuses consumers with Rockford.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1062
primary lesson in automotives i learned day 1:
someone's going to be the sucker. Don't let it be you.

are they prosecuting or seeking compensation of any type?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1063
"I'm just trying to use the JL I got, but out of curiosity how much are those babies ?"

he was letting both of them go for a thousand/piece.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4441
Something's fishy with car audio industry. If it were any other business, they'd be sued till the cows came home.
Take Coke and Pepsi for example. As a joke some guy decided to make a drink and called it Kiet Doke and Kiet Depsi.
Guess who came knocking? Coke and Pepsi's lawyers. The letters were funny though. They claimed the names were too similar to theirs.

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 608
It seems like that would be a difficult thing for JL to do much about. They may get a couple people who're gutting the amps, but if the problem is as bad as it seems, this would really just be a drop in the bucket.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us