Another alternator question.. about size

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 203
Will a 130 amp alternator be able to handle 800 wrms.. plus the a/c and all the other car stuff? I have a honda accord, and we all know that honda uses the smallest possible alternator they can because my car sounds like its gunna stall when i turn on the a/c when its idling haha. No, but really, will this be enough, i forget how you calculate it. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 652
Is that what you have now, or are you going to buy it first? Also consider that one day you may want to upgrade, and that alt won't do it for you anymore! Just a thought!

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 204
i'm looking to buy. i don't think i'll be upgrading it though, i'll be going to college in a year and probably getting rid of the car or something.

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 162
130a should be fine for 800 watts rms.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 279
Honda doesn't use the smallest available alternators....Toyota does! LOL. Be glad you don't have a pathetic 60A alt. like I do on my SUV. I haven't checked on my Prelude, but I'd guess it's much higher than my 4-Runner alternator.

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 219
haha, i think i have a 50 or something really ghetto. my headlights dim before the bass hits when i first turn on my amp (its on a switch). Then it sounds like my car is going to stall when the bass hits. And when the a/c is on, it feels like the car can't move hahaha. So much strain on the engine. Weird though, it has a 2.2 in it, i'd think it'd be able to move fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us